Movies Fantastic Four 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Doc, May 24, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

DL remind me of this in another topic. He said said that the second one was a much better movie and I disagreed. There were a few things that just seemed.. eh.

I guess it might be because I'm never huge on sequels. I just didn't like the way the Silver Surfer was written into the movie, what they used to trap him, and the entire ferris wheel scene.

The ending made up for some shortcomings, especially with what they did with the Human Torch.

The first was just a more entertaining movie, IMO.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have both DVDs but somehow I can't remember how the 2nd ended. Either it wasn't memorable enough (thus making the 1st one better) or I slept before the movie ended (which still makes it a bad movie, lol). I guess you're right then - the sequel wasn't as good as the first. :lol:

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I actually never saw the second one. The first didn't do much for me and the second one just looked cheesy.

Plus they got rid of Jessica Alba in 2. Bad move if you ask me.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Alba still played in 2.

Vegito728 and Bliss like this.
  5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Well, in my thoughts, the first one was extremely stupid, BUT, the second one was so much worse. If I HAD to choose one to watch I would def pick the first.

Bliss likes this.
  6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think the first one was alot better. Thats not saying that the first Fantastic Four movie was great, but it was enjoyable enough. The second one seemed kind of "off" to me. I'm not sure what it was, but it just didn't seem as enjoyable.

Bliss likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Spoiler for the ending of the second movie:

Sufer just stood around for a while while the Four gave Johnny all of their powers because he could take theirs by touching them.. somehow related to the Surfer being around. Alba lived, they got married, Johnny kicked Doom's ass, and Surfer killed the big bad thing

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I am really mad that I haven't seen the second one, I loved the first one and the second one looks much better because I'm huge fan of the Silver Surfer. I cannot wait to see the second one.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The second one was a lot better, no doubt. It was just a lot more fun.

10. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

That's the main reason why I liked RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER so much. It was a pleasure to go see a superhero movie where the superheroes enjoyed their superpowers and their adventures. I am so tired of movie superheroes who go around mooning that they can't get a girl, can't find a job, nobody likes them...gah.

Give me the second FANTASTIC MOVIE and the current IRON MAN...it's much more fun watching a superhero movie when the superheroes are having fun themselves.