fantastic ad:

Hiei

The Hierophant
I don't have a fucking clue what that commercial is trying to get across. Was it an antiabortion ad? Was it a "Vote for Obama" ad? Either way, both possibilities are moot. Obama is already the president.

I'm just confused.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I really love this commercial to. The way I felt it to be interpreted is "There are no more excuses" He came from otherwise horrible background, father abandoning, mother struggling, just the standard broken home and yet he picked himself up by the bootstraps and became President. In a nut shell.... those who say society got the best of them, that excuse has no weight and is moot. Obama came from the same bad background and yet he put himself in the highest Chair in America. No more excuses ;)

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've got friends that have questioned whether or not to have an abortion and its such a hard subject to breach without getting in their face about it. There's no confrontation in this commercial, no politics, no religion. Its simply this: Even though your child will be born into a broken relationship and he will not have a lot of money growing up, there is no limit to what he may become in the future. The baby inside you may change the world.

Last edited:

Thelxiepeia

Registered Member
Yes, but in retrospect, it could damage your life, which could stop you from changing the world. I don't know anyone specificly, but i'v heard about alot of girls who dropped out of highschool to raise there child. How detrimental can that be to one's life?

I'm not catholic, and I honestly do not have a problem with abortion, but I think that for me, I see this as a message to all youth "specificly black", that they have no excuse for not being successfull. Obama was once in your shoes, so you cannot blame society for your problems.

Lets just hope that Obama holds up to the high standards he is held to.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a really good commercial. It's ironic that one of his first acts as president was to ensure that millions of abortions around the world in poverty stricken countries will be encouraged and PAID for with US tax dollars.

Thelxiepeia

Registered Member
You could also look at it like hes helping give mothers a choice. In 3rd world countries, they do not have the resources to choose an abortion.

Besides, that add was sponsored by some catholic orginization, correct? Not Obama himelf.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
That's a really good commercial. It's ironic that one of his first acts as president was to ensure that millions of abortions around the world in poverty stricken countries will be encouraged and PAID for with US tax dollars.

Really? That's too bad. :(
I figured it was coming though. It was a hot topc since Bush reversed Clinton in 2000.