• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fans willing to pay 400% markup for Kanye West sneakers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fans willing to pay 400% markup for Kanye West sneakers ? USATODAY.com

I love a nice pair of good looking shoes. I've paid close to 200$ for a pair, but there's no way I would ever pay close to a 1,000$, or even buy people spots so I can get a pair before anyone else.

I can't believe someone actually paid 90,300$ for a pair on Ebay. That's just insane.

Don't get me wrong, if I could make some good money out of this I would, but I wouldn't go through all the hassle people in this article have been through.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Retarded. Though what would be even more retarded is if it said what i first thought it said, kanye west "snickers". I'm not paying over €3 for a chocolate bar!!! :p

It is obscene that people will pay that much for a pair of shoes. Right now i only own one pair of shoes, for every occasion, and i bought them for €15. I mean.... I'm still alive!!! Anybody who wastes their money like that has clearly got a lot more money than they do sense.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't even pay full price for sneakers now, no way in hell I'd spend 400% in mark-ups. Like, I understand if these were Jordan's or something because hey, he sells. But Kanye's? Come on now.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't pay a 400% mark up for anyone's sneakers. That insane and a waste of money, those shoes aren't made any better or any better looking and I bet they won't last any longer either.

the_wanderer

Registered Member
Whoah, that's beyond crazy. Full disclosure: I wouldn't even know who Kanye West was if it hadn't been for his Katrina and Taylor Swift debacles. Even so...

Falconer

Registered Member
I'm in the same boat, Wanderer. Nor do I care who in the blue blazes Kanye West is, come to think of it. And I certainly wouldn't may a 400% markup for anybody's ... anythings, actually. I mean, if I had money to absolutely burn and nothing better to do and enough room to store and display the stuff, sure, I might look into collecting memorabilia for films and TV series I love but ... I just... no. I can't make any sense of this one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sophia NFL 11
thealigator Wrestling 9
mint_lowbatt Music 2
Rapier NFL 3
goingtopshelf Hockey 19