• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fanfiction

Iris

rainbow 11!
I know Pugz and Sophie read it and that Veloci is starting to, so I figured we could have a fanfiction thread where we share stories that we like and discuss them.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've posted fan fictions before, but they're shit that I wrote in high school. I can't lie though, I haven't read much fan fiction that I find well written or good.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I find quite a bit in the Glee fandom. But they ARE hard to find, usually people abandon them or just stop caring and the writing goes shit.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've written Resident Evil and Yugioh fics but I haven't written any in a long time. I thought about doing some more recently to help kickstart my own creations.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Merc, out of interest which fandoms did you write for?

I myself mainly read Glee, Harry Potter and the Hollows fanfiction.

EDIT: I see that you answered my question while I was typing it haha. If you ever do get back into it feel free to post them here. I'd be happy to read them.

Falconer

Registered Member
I have obscure fandoms, so it's both hard to find good fic and most people aren't interested in recommendations! :p Andromeda's my big one; Supernatural, which isn't as obscure but filled with some pretty dire fic; and uhhh... American Dad. Not that I just admitted to that last one. There's almost no fic for it anyway and what there is is... oh God. Just... oh, God. :(

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You mentioned Supernatural Falconer. Do you know that the two TV's shows with the highest number of fics on fanfiction.net are Supernatural and Glee? I've never read it (or watched it) myself but I was surprised to see that Supernatural has such a massive fanbase.

Vecoli

Registered Member
I just started and as such I've only read the one glee fic called 'as if we never said goodbye' I swear it's written better than half the published books I read nowadays. SO MUCH EMOTION . Since I just got up to date with that one and just discovered that Iris has written some FF I'm going to read hers next.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Bah! V, none of them are finished or are longer than a few chapters. In fact, two have been abandoned.

Impact

V.I.P.
You mentioned Supernatural Falconer. Do you know that the two TV's shows with the highest number of fics on fanfiction.net are Supernatural and Glee? I've never read it (or watched it) myself but I was surprised to see that Supernatural has such a massive fanbase.
That actually doesn't surprise me at all. Considering in the actual show (supernatural) there is an episode where they kinda bring up the whole idea of fan fic. Plus due to the audience it targets, I can definitely see a lot of them writing/reading fan fic.

The thing that I dislike about fan fic and why I will probably never read it, and I could be completely off base here, but it seems like it all sexually deprived people writing about stupid love triangles.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chaos Reading 3
Iris Reading 9