Family relatives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering if you get along with your family relatives? Like Grand Parents, uncle, aunt ect.

I get along with my grand parents, I see them often and we get along real well. I sort of get along with my uncle's and aunt's but it's really rare that I see them. Maybe once or twice a year.

How about you guys?

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i get along very well with all my relatives. grand parent, cousin, aunts etc.
    we live in the same flat. so it's great! we see each other several times a day.
    we're very connected to each other.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Your awards are really colourful, like a rainbow. want!

Err anyway. Yeah, I get on with everyone in my extended family. We live pretty close to each other and I see them all (barring my uncle, just because he's busy) at least once a week at my Nan and Grandad's house, if everyone can make it. I absolutely adore my 2 auntys, they are so much fun. The uncle is very relatable (is that a word??) to me but not everyone likes him much, we have an 8 year ongoing game of 'it.' And I like my cousins a lot, they are a funny group of people, all very loud so I'm the odd one out and they always make fun of me. My grandma is the sweetest person in the world as far as I'm concerned.

4. TheMaster

TheMaster Registered Member

I sure do get along with my family relatives, they're are some odd ones out that I do not get along with, that's mainly because my parents aren't friendly with them, I find it easier to not go further.

5. FindMuck

FindMuck Registered Member

I get along with both sides of my family, but they don't get along with each other. Sometimes both sides give me crap for being related to the other side...IDK I guess I kind of get along with them, its a really strange dynamic.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

don't want to interfere but just because your parents don't get along, it doesn't mean you can't as well.
    there are relatives my parents don't get very along with, but i do. so i guess it's a personal choice.

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I get along with my uncle on my mom's side. He has been a father figure ever since my dad passed away. I also have some relatives overseas and my uncle's and aunt over there were pretty cool. Grandma was very awesome! I never seen a grandma dance to rap music before. If only I had that on tape. lol

My relatives on my dad's side is pretty weird and they stopped talking to us ever since my dad passed away. They started rumors about my family and that is not very nice at all.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  8. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I get along well with all extended family, when I lived at my mum and dads my nan lived at the end of the road and one aunt and her husband lived across the street and an uncle and his kids lived just behind that.

I had family members all around growing up, my mums sisters were always around at my nans, even my youngest sister moved out to a flat right across from our parents place.

All these people were from my mothers side, I have only met a couple of uncles from my fathers side of the family but they were cool as well.
    I would have loved to have been old enough to remember my grand parents on my fathers side but they both passed away while I was still very young.

I come from a very close knit family.

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have no aunts/uncles on my fathers side as he is an only child, but his new wife does, so I guess they class as step aunts/uncles. I used to get on with them, but haven't talked to them in years since I no longer talk to my father. I get on with my grandparents from that side fine and visit them every week.

On my mothers side, I have many aunts and uncles, none of who i've met as they live in the US. I'm kind of getting to know one of my uncle's through facebook of all places. I think my grandad on that side died before I was born, and i've only ever met my grandma when I was a little kid as she also lives in the states.

So I guess that's a no, i'm not close with many members of my blood family.

As for my foster family, I get on fine with all the aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents. They are more like a family to me then my own :lol:

10. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I don't see any of my Uncles or Aunts and haven't for at least 17 years. I ain't even bothered about it either.