Family meals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Aug 24, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Are they becoming obsolete?

How often do you and your family sit down to a meal together? (at the dining table, no tv)

The only time my family as a whole has a meal together is Christmas morning breakfast. Other than that, it's very rare for us all to be home at the same time.

viLky likes this.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Same. At Thanksgiving, too. Other than that, we hardly ever eat together.

3. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I honestly can't remember the last time my family did this. I'm usually in my rooms eating Tea, Or we watch TV

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My family eats dinner together almost every night. I think family meals are important.

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

We eat dinner together 6 days a week. The only day we don't always is Sat, that's kind of my cooking day off, so everyone eats whatever they can find in the fridge or freezer and it usually just happens whenever people are hungry. My parents always had dinner together and if someone had something going on, they just ate leftovers or whatever worked for them, but everyone else ate together and that's what I plan to do as my kids get older as well.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Whenever I'm home from college we eat family meals most of the time. The only times we don't are when my dad makes something for him and my mom that I won't eat. In that case he usually makes me something for me first.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

We still eat together, especially dinners (when my husband is home). My kids are still young though.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Three times a year... Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I think that they can be important, but for my family they aren't. I can barely stand the 3 times a year we do it. lol

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The last family meal was yesterday. Me and Syndicate had a nice dinner with my parents and we had a nice time. It's not often (since I moved out) that we do that anymore so I do enjoy the times when we do sit down at a table together.

When I lived with my parents we'd have dinner together once a week - on the Sunday.

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I eat with my family when I'm with them |: