• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Family Guy

Stargun007

Registered Member
Yes, it's a TV show, but I'm putting it in the movie forum anyways because I believe that they go together.

Anyways, Family Guy is the funniest show EVER. It's a Simpsons-esque cartoon, but its much, much more offensive. It was on Fox for 2 seasons, and then it was cancelled, but there was such a big fan response (bigger than X-Files) that they brought it back for one more season. Then they cancelled it for good. Not too long ago, Cartoon Network started airing it (along with Futurama) as part of their Adult Swim line-up, where it's getting the highest late night ratings out of any show (more than The Tonight Show). The first 2 seasons were released on DVD back in April (which I own) and the 3rd season was just released last week. I highly suggest you guys start watching the show (although its just reruns) on Cartoon Network at 11 on Monday to Thursday. Better yet, buy the DVD. Trust me, the show is hilarious.

PaulZ108

Registered Member
Is it just me, or does Fox really like to kill shows that become popular? I never watched either this or Futurama, but it seems like the second they got a fan base Fox screwed up the schedule or set it to run when they new football games would run over it and then cancelled it.

starfx6464

Awesome
Well, Family Guy really didn't get that big of a fan base nor did Futurama when the shows were airing. It was just a vocal minority and it pretty much spread by word of mouth after that.

Personally, I found Family Guy humerous, but nothing great. Futurama, on the other hand, is/was darn HIGH-larious.

Stargun007

Registered Member
The only good shows Fox has anymore is The Simpsons and 24, and seeing how last season went, I don't feel Simpsons is gonna have a fan base for much longer.

Fox has a tendency of cancelling good shows. Look at Titus and Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

starfx6464

Awesome
They have a tendency of cancelling shows that aren't pulling in enough viewers, that's it. That's what any network does. To be honest, I'm surprised 24 has stuck around. Nearly everyone I talk to says something like "I hear it's good, but I've never watched it." Maybe with all the acclaim it's getting they're willing to take a chance that its popularity will spread.

The main show that I was pissed off about getting cancelled was John Doe. Man, it wasn't necessarily the greatest show on Earth, but it was a lot of fun and kept things interesting.

Stargun007

Registered Member
Its sad how the best shows get low ratings, while crappy shows get insanely high ones. I mean, look at all those crappy sitcoms that have been on for god knows how long, and then a good, clever show, and how it gets cancelled. The general populace is so stupid.

24 is an awesome show, though. Everyone should start watching it.

Registered Member
Family guy was pretty funny, and I heard 24 is good, but never watched it

lol

Pianobone

Registered Member
Whatever. Family Guy is not as funny as the Simpsons. You just have weird tastes Stargun.

Askiri

Registered Member
Compared to the newer seasons of the Simpsons, family guy is 10 times better. The newer episodes of the Simposons suck. I'm getting tired of the same old jokes over and over, it's annoying at times. Oh well, when you're around for that long I guess you really start reaching for ideas.