• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy

dDave

Well-Known Member
V.I.P.
Last year on May the 4th I watched Blue Harvest.

This year I watched Something, Something, Something Dark Side last night and then tonight I watched It's a Trap.

Overall, I was actually kind of impressed with these movies. They follow the same story line (with minor variations) and are actually quite well done. I'd say 90% of the humor isn't offensive while the other 10% is. I could do without (but hey, it's Family Guy so I have no right to complain about that). The most impressive thing to me was the attention to detail they put into all of it, makes it really feel just like the original films.

Overall, I'm glad I watched these.

Anyone else see them?
 

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
They were a great nod to the Star Wars series and it certainly won't be entertaining to people who don't already enjoy Family Guy.
 

Konshentz

Konshentz
I own the trilogy and enjoy them quite a bit. They pack a ton of great Star Wars jokes into them. Not sure I could pick a favorite.
 

dDave

Well-Known Member
V.I.P.
Not n
They were a great nod to the Star Wars series and it certainly won't be entertaining to people who don't already enjoy Family Guy.
Well, I don't really like family guy and I enjoyed the Star Wars stuff quite a bit. ;)

Seriously though, it was a good idea and they were very entertaining.
 

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
"Hey kid, don't get penisy!" (Love that line)

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarland is a huge Star Wars dork so its no surprise to me how close to the movies he kept it. I know he really enjoyed doing these episodes and I loved them as well.
 

dDave

Well-Known Member
V.I.P.
"I just want to wish you both good luck, we're all counting on you."

I just about lost it with that line. It was so perfectly placed. :)

From taking a couch out of the trash, to giant robot camels, to Vader actually seeing Luke on the ship; it was all quite well done and I very much enjoyed it.
 

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Not n


Well, I don't really like family guy and I enjoyed the Star Wars stuff quite a bit. ;)

Seriously though, it was a good idea and they were very entertaining.
I don't like Family Guy, but I like Star Wars and I still didn't like this. I only watched Blue Harvest, but I watched it from start to finish and didn't laugh once. I think I almost did like, a half-smile at one point. Just not my type of humour I suppose. I never felt compelled to watch the others after that.
 

Konshentz

Konshentz
What the hell kind of things do you find funny then? Haha.

I'm not sure which one it was in, but the couch bit Dave mentioned had me rolling. Great stuff.
 

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What the hell kind of things do you find funny then? Haha.

I'm not sure which one it was in, but the couch bit Dave mentioned had me rolling. Great stuff.
Many things, jut not Family Guy, American Dad or The Cleveland Show. That group of cartoons is one I could never take to. I'm more on the Simpsons/Futurama side of the fence. Although I don't like Simpsons now, their prime was between season 2 and season 9. I don't even bother watching any of the new episodes anymore.
 

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ah, I see. I can understand that. I feel the exact same way, just about Simpsons and Futurama. Even during the prime, I can count the number of laughs on my two hands. And yeah, The Simpsons is just awful now. They need to put it down.
 
Top