Family dinners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Feb 11, 2010.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Do you and your family eat together? If so is it an every night occurrence, or once in a great while?
    When I was growing up, we ate dinner together every night. I dreaded those family meals. With my own kids, I've only recently rediscovered this phenomena.
    Until my divorce, we would only eat together as a family at holidays or for a rare breakfast.
    Now, when my girls are with me, we almost always eat at the table for dinner. It's without a doubt my favorite time of the day spent with them. No TV, no phones, just conversation and tons of laughter.

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

When I was growing up we always had family meals. Every night would be spent sitting at the table in the kitchen everyone eating together, there would be the occasional time where we would eat apart, but it was very rare.

My brother and I have moved out now, but whenever we go back to my parents house we always have our family meals together.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

We eat dinner together a couple of times a week. Always on Wednesdays, when my bf's boys are with us, and on the Fridays that they are with us even though it's usually just pizza. Delaney and I eat together most nights even if no one else is home.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

we don't really eat dinner together. i don't eat dinner at all, dad wants to eat dinner at an earlier time, mom wants to eat later ... so we never end up eating dinner together.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

At home, I only eat consistently with my whole family at Sunday dinner.

Then throughout the week if I waited for my mum to get home, I'd eat with her and my dad, and maybe my brother too. Usually I'd just do my own thing though, and eat at around the same time as my brother, and then my mum and dad would eat together when they got home from work which was usually late.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

My family has always had dinner together about five nights a week ever since I can remember. I love it and I think it brings families closer together.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Before I moved out me and my parents use to eat together around five times a week, it was really rare that we ate together on Friday and Saturday nights though since me and my brother always went out those nights.

Now I just eat at my parents place time to time, sometimes I invite them at my place as well.

8. Kxxx

Kxxx Registered Member

Growing up, we would all eat together. But now we usually eat different meals and at different times. And most of the time its not at the dinner table.

9. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

When I was living at home with the family we would eat at the same time but not together, depending on what each of us were doing at the time.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wish for more family dinners. Unfortunately, at home, I tend to eat separately now because I cannot stand eating with someone.