• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Family adjusting to Ahmed Mohamed's sudden fame as police announce no charges for clock deemed 'hoax

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Even little kids have been used as suicide bombers but its not this kids bad. The school seriously needs to change up its policy about science projects. For example they could set up a station where the projects could be cleared and tagged before classes start. That way they will already know whats safe to have in the classroom.

He also shouldnt be handcuffed because thats false arrest. The teacher that told him not to show it to the other teachers coulda checked the clock to prove it wasnt a bomb. And he shoulda told the other teachers it was safe. Its all just too seriously wonky.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I feel sorry for the kid for having to go through this. Its a given everyone over reacted and hope they will learn from this. I think many times schools have went overboard. Remember the kid that was suspended for eating his pop tart into the shape of a gun.

In defense of the school, this is the age of school shootings, Boston Bomber and ISIS. Still they over reacted.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In defense of the school, this is the age of school shootings, Boston Bomber and ISIS. Still they over reacted.
Not a shot at you, Hilander, but two teachers looked at it and he told them it was a clock. Then the tough-guy cops came in and he told them it was a clock. Then they put him in handcuffs because he could not "broaden" his explanation of what a clock is.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not a shot at you, Hilander, but two teachers looked at it and he told them it was a clock. Then the tough-guy cops came in and he told them it was a clock. Then they put him in handcuffs because he could not "broaden" his explanation of what a clock is.
They over reacted, which is what I said, they could have handled this so much better. The kid should have never been arrested. This is a result of the times we live in.

Rapier

V.I.P.
http://kos.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jNkzY++Lnna0XlHPKHag6AS69YXYQ15e

Great Post Sent to Me Today

I said: it's sad they thought that kid had a bomb.
She said: they didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: yes, they thought he made a bomb and even called the police.
She said: They just wanted to humiliate a little Muslim boy. They didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: Don't be a conspiracy theorist. They might be a little prejudiced, but I'm sure they thought he had a bomb.
She said: OK.
But they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
Then they took pictures of it.

I said: Damn.....They never thought he had a bomb.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
It's amazing to me how much this story has generated.

First off, he didn't make a clock. It looks like an old 1970's alarm clock made by Micronta. They were basic alarm clocks with an LED screen, a basic circuit board, and off/on switch, a dimmer switch and a 9v battery back up. ALL he did was take it out and house it in a pencil box. These are the kinds of things my friends and I would do when we were 10. It's extremely easy, nothing innovative about it. It's very very simple.

Secondly, he himself talked about putting some wire around it because he acknowledged it looked suspicious.

Third, this wasn't a project, he did this 100% on his own. Why would someone knowingly take something suspicious looking to school?

Fourth, as the claims about the school not being evacuated, this wasn't questioned until the end of the day. It was the last period when a teacher questioned him about it and he was evasive about it.

Fifthly, when questioned about it once the police were called, AGAIN he was evasive and would not answer questions. As to their "over reaction" we had a kid suspended for a pop tart shaped like a gun. A FREAKIN POP TART. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. That is what zero tolerance means. Have something look suspicious you're going to get in trouble. That's the world we live in now. Either EVERYBODY is subjected to zero tolerance or NOBODY IS.

Lastly, the attention this kid is getting is idiotic. He didn't "make" or "invent" anything. He did what a lot of kids do, take things apart and see how they work, and house them somewhere else. Big whoop. Getting invited to the White House for this nonsense is beyond a level of stupidity I am unable to comprehend. Good job America, we've made a kid a celebrity and will probably be sent to college paid for all for doing absolutely nothing.

Rapier

V.I.P.
It's amazing to me how much this story has generated.

First off, he didn't make a clock. It looks like an old 1970's alarm clock made by Micronta. They were basic alarm clocks with an LED screen, a basic circuit board, and off/on switch, a dimmer switch and a 9v battery back up. ALL he did was take it out and house it in a pencil box. These are the kinds of things my friends and I would do when we were 10. It's extremely easy, nothing innovative about it. It's very very simple.

Secondly, he himself talked about putting some wire around it because he acknowledged it looked suspicious.

Third, this wasn't a project, he did this 100% on his own. Why would someone knowingly take something suspicious looking to school?

Fourth, as the claims about the school not being evacuated, this wasn't questioned until the end of the day. It was the last period when a teacher questioned him about it and he was evasive about it.

Fifthly, when questioned about it once the police were called, AGAIN he was evasive and would not answer questions. As to their "over reaction" we had a kid suspended for a pop tart shaped like a gun. A FREAKIN POP TART. Zero tolerance is zero tolerance. That is what zero tolerance means. Have something look suspicious you're going to get in trouble. That's the world we live in now. Either EVERYBODY is subjected to zero tolerance or NOBODY IS.

Lastly, the attention this kid is getting is idiotic. He didn't "make" or "invent" anything. He did what a lot of kids do, take things apart and see how they work, and house them somewhere else. Big whoop. Getting invited to the White House for this nonsense is beyond a level of stupidity I am unable to comprehend. Good job America, we've made a kid a celebrity and will probably be sent to college paid for all for doing absolutely nothing.
Just how did you come to know all that?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Know what specifically? The clock? Based on the circuit board and my own experience doing the exact same thing he did when I was like ten. The school and the reaction? I read. The kid with the pop tart? Again, I read. Him getting invited to the White House? I read. it being idiotic is my own personal opinion.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Gotcha! ;)