• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Falsely Accused... what do I do?

jdndfw

Registered Member
My best friend, who happens to be my Ex, has a new love. It was hard to find out about it because I do still care for him a great deal. However, I did accept the fact that he had moved on and though it was difficult I was coping as best as I knew how. My friend told me that his new love had been getting texts from me... hateful, spiteful, ridiculous texts.. FROM MY PHONE NUMBER!!!?? I told him I knew nothing of it and to make sure that it didn't happen again I immediately called and had my cell number changed. That fixed the problem, for a while, then i learned recently that he had been getting the texts again from MY NEW NUMBER!!! WTF?!!
My best friend emailed me a week ago to tell me goodbye. (sigh). He stated that he wouldn't be around for a good long time. He asked that I get my head together and that it was obvious that I couldn't let go. He told me not to contact him and that his BF was going to take legal action if the texts continued. I was devastated. he's my best friend.

I didn't do this. I wouldn't do this. I couldn't do it.

I know that in his heart he knows that Im telling the truth and I have offered him the phone records to support my denial but, sadly, i fear he is just deleting them as soon as i send them. I have talked to my attorney and the police just to cover myself legally just in case this is continuing to happen to his bf. i really hope whoever is doing this will leave him alone so that my best friend can be happy. That is what is most important to me but knowing that he didn't believe the accusations would give me peace. I cant bear the thought that in his eyes i am capable of crossing that line and betraying him like that. It is that hardest part.

I welcome your insight and thoughts on this matter.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You have no idea who is doing it? I mean, if someone is sending those texts from your phone, you should at least ask at what time so you know when someone is sending them. It sounds like you'll only get him back with evidence. Otherwise, he doesn't sound like a best friend to me, especially if he's not listening to you.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think his new love is doing this to you on purpose so that your EX can get away from you and not contact you anymore.
New loves or the EXes tend to be more jealous and try to avoid any contact between their partner and their EXes.

I've heard stories like this.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I think maybe his new GF is doing this. I know from a joke I was involved in a few years ago, it is possible to send text/calls and make it look like any number you wish by using what is called "spoof card" programs online, they are easily found. So this can maybe be possibility of how it would show your numbers.

As to your friend, if they choose to not believe you, there is little you can do except to let him live and find for himself what kind of girl he is with to do these kinds of things.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
There are websites you can use to send text messages from someone else's phone number. They're meant to be used for pranking your friends, but they can easily be used to frame someone, too. It could be an enemy of some sort trying to exact revenge of another sort, but no idea how they'd get your new number. It could easily be this new person sending it to their own phone, if they feel threatened by you. It could be your friend, if they wanted to be passive aggressive. In very rare cases, you can do stuff like that in your sleep, although there'd be evidence of it.

It's also possible that this person is just saying so, and your friend is taking their word for it without actually looking too hard. To be honest, either which way, your best friend isn't really being a very good friend at all.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think maybe his new GF is doing this. I know from a joke I was involved in a few years ago, it is possible to send text/calls and make it look like any number you wish by using what is called "spoof card" programs online, they are easily found. So this can maybe be possibility of how it would show your numbers.

As to your friend, if they choose to not believe you, there is little you can do except to let him live and find for himself what kind of girl he is with to do these kinds of things.
It's a boy, not a girl Ilus ;;)

All you can do is find out if the texts are real, and if they are (like Elly said), find out when he's getting them so you know who's using your phone that that time. Do you see the texts on your phone? Maybe someone is using one of those sites that you can send a text out for free.

Who knows?

All you need to worry about is find out when and where the texts really are coming from.

jdndfw

Registered Member
i have copies of my phone records stating showing that they are NOT coming from my phone so if they are showing my number then they are DEFINITELY coming from a website or iphone app that fakes texts. I don't know what to do. I don't wanna lose my best friend but it feels like I have. cest la vie.