• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fallout New Vegas

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Aye. To British money. We don't use the dollar here, silly bunny. :p
I was being an English snob in reference to the word "translated" since it doesn't work.

Anyway, mods suck.
You know what he means by mods, right? Not something that cheats the game or anything . . . it adds user-created content.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Actually strom is right, any bathesda game runs better on the PC, mostly because FO3 had hip fire and it was nearly impossible to aim with an analog, and above all both Fallout and Oblivion have great mods to optimize the engine to look much better.
I didn't find it impossible to aim with analog. I didn't have any trouble at all for that matter. :dunno:

I was being an English snob in reference to the word "translated" since it doesn't work.
Oh, you were? I didn't notice you were just trying to be an asshole. :lol: (And anyway, it does.)

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I didn't find it impossible to aim with analog. I didn't have any trouble at all for that matter. :dunno:
Good for you. You also don't come from much of a PC background which makes a big difference with shooters. A lot of people still prefer the WSAD setup for shooters and the mouse for its sensitivity. The analog controls on PS3 and 360 were a little weird with F3. If I had the power in my machine to play it on PC I probably would. But hey, it's whatever works for you.

Oh, you were? I didn't notice you were just trying to be an asshole. :lol: (And anyway, it does.)
Before this gets ridiculous, 'translate' refers to language, not numbers. A word like 'calculate' would be a better choice as 'translate' is a bit too awkward. Like I said, I was nitpicking so I'm not sure why you feel the need to carry this out.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Good for you. You also don't come from much of a PC background which makes a big difference with shooters.
Lol you fail, sir - I was a PC gamer before I was a console gamer. :lol:

A lot of people still prefer the WSAD setup for shooters and the mouse for its sensitivity. The analog controls on PS3 and 360 were a little weird with F3. If I had the power in my machine to play it on PC I probably would. But hey, it's whatever works for you.
Yeah, I can understand how someone might prefer the mouse over the analog system, but to say that it's impossible or even hard to use is way OTT. Hell, I find the 360's analog perfect for FPS shooters personally. The dead zone is much better for it than the PS3's, and mouse shooting is acceptable but more of a chore. I also find it incredibly easier to fine-scope on a controller than with a mouse. :dunno: But I can certainly see why some people would see it the other way around.

Before this gets ridiculous, 'translate' refers to language, not numbers. A word like 'calculate' would be a better choice as 'translate' is a bit too awkward. Like I said, I was nitpicking so I'm not sure why you feel the need to carry this out.
lern 2 slang fool

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
As far as the PC version goes, the only gripe I have is that there seems to be a bug with the Tesla Cannon in Operation: Anchorage where the script that makes it destroy Vertibirds in one hit doesn't activate.

I've tried fixing it with the GECK, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. And last I checked, the only method the community came up with fixing it was by increasing the damage of the weapon.

Impact

V.I.P.
You haven't played Fallout 3, Imp? If you end up liking Vegas, you definitely need to play 3. Pick up the Game of the Year edition if you can, I believe it's around 40 bucks right now (the game and about 40 bucks worth of DLC included).
No, I've been meaning to since I saw the New Vegas trailer, but I got distracted by other games. Do they need to be played in order? If not i'll just pick it up when I have some gaming downtime.

Translated; you can get the GotY edition for about £25-30 depending where you go, Lauren. Try a GAME store or a Tesco's or something. GAME are good if you have one near you.
Or I can get it even cheaper from the second hand game store here. And yes, I have Game near me, already scoped that out

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it would be a good place to start Imp since the game is very long and has a lot of DLC to explore. It will get you ready for Vegas and by the time you're done with 3, Vegas will have definitely dropped in price.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
So who's going to make their first New Vegas playthrough a Hardcore one? Apparently, you get a special surprise for playing the game through to completion with it on.

I'm going to do so, simply because I want ammo weight back. And I like a challenge.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Im still undecided on which platform i should get the game.

The 360 version has poor textures and the ps3 lacks Anti Aliasing, so i have to decide which one hurts the eye more =p

Konshentz

Konshentz
I rented this last night.

I'm liking it so far, but like Fallout 3, takes a little while to get into it. I'm just roaming around, trying to run into the scariest thing I can. Yet to find it. Haha.