Fallout New Vegas

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
Fallout New Vegas (tried to put a link in but my post count isn't high enough, check out their site)

I really enjoyed Fallout3 in fact still playing it with my 3rd Character. Quite apprehensive of what the new game will be like and if it will be similar.
Does anyone else enjoy the game and what's your thoughts on the upcoming one?

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
Thanks Chaos,
Once my post count is up I'll put their official link up. They have loads of clips from the game on there. It will be out at the end of next month. I can't wait. I am still hoping it will be the same or similar to the third as they where putting alot of emphasis on it being based around the gambling parts in Vegas venues (from what i saw in the demo's on the game sites) and didn't see much of the wastelands....but, hey, won't know until i play the game aye.

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
WOW thank you so much Storm, that was the best clip i'v seen. I'm definitely excited now. Just a month to go then. Comes out on 19th on October. So it seems it is just like fallout 3 but better. :D

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It hopefully should be. While it probably means nothing, it was worked on by some (or all) of the people who worked on the original Fallout games, so the humour and style should more resemble that than Fallout 3's.

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
It hopefully should be. While it probably means nothing, it was worked on by some (or all) of the people who worked on the original Fallout games, so the humour and style should more resemble that than Fallout 3's.
I never got the privilege to play the 1st two games so i'm not sure what they where like. Was the NPC'S friendlier in the 1st 2 than in the 3rd?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
They're 2d isometric turn-based games, with more focus on roleplaying and choice than the third one (possibly due to the fact that now we've incorporated voice acting, it's less expensive to cut down on the choices). Almost everyone's a little friendlier, but some people are still dicks.

They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them. You can actually still get hold of them - Interplay are still selling the Fallout Collection, which includes both 1 & 2, as well as Fallout Tactics.

Last edited:

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
They're 2d isometric turn-based games, with more focus on roleplaying and choice than the third one (possibly due to the fact that now we've incorporated voice acting, it's less expensive to cut down on the choices). Almost everyone's a little friendlier, but some people are still dicks.

They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I like them.
LOL I'm glad some of them will be nicer then as I went around shooting and bombing every one that annoyed me & then went "Doe" as I really am trying my best to be a good character but keep ending up being the spawn of evil. :devil:

Hmm I've been spoilt then being introduced to the 1st person shooter style of fallout then. I must admit I do prefer that as I like to feel like I AM that character. Great way to let off some steam!