Fallout: New Vegas teaser trailer released

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

It's here, it's basically the New Vegas version of the teaser trailer for Fallout 3, and it has a goddamned fully functioning city in the background.

Seriously, we're talking skyscrapers and shit.

Fuck the what!?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Looks smexy, but I want to see some gameplay!

3. Nevyrmoore

Huh, I also forgot to mention - it also features a bloke from the New California Republic.

The same New California Republic that is "arguably the largest known power group in the world of Fallout, and maintains the largest standing army."

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I just watched this, it looks fuckin' sweet. Fall 2010? Can't wait.

5. Dav1t

Dav1t Registered Member

I may have completed fallout 3 by then. Very much doubt it though.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Now, this was a good trailer. Seeing all those buildings in the back makes me wonder how awesome the exploration and battles will be. ;)

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Is this another expansion for fallout 3 or is this a totally new game? Looks very good tho, might have to look at getting it.

8. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

They might be launching into the Grand Theft Auto style of game numbering where it's the same engine and gameplay but a stand-alone game like Vice City and San Andreas were to GTA III.

9. Nevyrmoore

It's a completely new game being developed by Obsidian.

------
    So, question for you all - New Vegas may be using a background system like the one in Dragon Age. So, how many of you are going to go with the Chinese Commando background, which makes you a ghoul?

*EDIT* Here's the info on that Chinese Commando. Spoilered for those who want to wait and see.

One background story is shown, Chinese Agent. The background story takes place before the bombs fell. The player is part of a team of Crimson Dragoons infilitrating Hoover Dam. You manage to sneak through the Americans’ defenses, set explosives, and head to an extraction point, but your escape is cut off by American soldiers in Power Armor. The player and other survivors of the Crimson Dragoons take refuge in a cave in the canyons, where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules. The player about to do the same when the bombs fall. The background story ends an indeterminate time later, when the player exits the cave, removes his helmet, and sees his ghoulish reflection in the waters of the Colorado River.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It is using a background system. I heard about it about a month ago and heard the Chinese Soldier origin story. Of course, there's the option of being the "Lone Wanderer" which is no origin story.