Falling Up The Stairs

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I have heard of falling up the stairs but it has never happened to me before... until just now.

I was running and I guess I mis-judged where the first step was. Then I biffed it pretty hard. I stubbed one toe badly, bruised both arms, tore some skin off of my left knee and hit my head.

Sheesh. So who else has ever done this? :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done it a few times, but I can't say that I've been injured that badly when it happened. You must of been running really fast to do so much damage. I imagine your stairs are made a wood, and there's no carpet on top of them.

I've bruised my big toe coming down the stairs once because I missed a step, but it was only bruised for a few days.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I actually find myself tripping/falling up stairs more often than falling down. I'd much rather fall up though. haha

It's usually when I'm in a rush and my foot gets caught on a stair. Good thing the distance from face to floor is much shorter.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Only all the time. I usually come away from it with a few bruises. The worst was when I did it at work, on the concrete, in the parking garage...in front of a lot of people. My clumsiness is embarrassing.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've done it a few times, but I can't say that I've been injured that badly when it happened. You must of been running really fast to do so much damage. I imagine your stairs are made a wood, and there's no carpet on top of them.

I've bruised my big toe coming down the stairs once because I missed a step, but it was only bruised for a few days.
Actually they were carpeted stairs that I fell on. Just goes to show how fast I was going to actually walk away from that with some injuries. :lol:

Hissa

Registered Member
Well,it happened to me once....
My sister saw me & she laughed!:laugh:
That was embarrassing!

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I always hit my stupid knees when I fall up the stairs. It always happens when I'm running up the stairs and I don't pick my feet up over the lip on the next step.

*grumbles*

I even fell going up and rolled back down once. I got rug burn from that little adventure.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
All the time! Most of the time its because I just rush and i only get my toes on the very edge of the stair and I slip. But I mostly catch myself.

Another time it was VERY VERY early in the morning and I had just woken up, and I was walking up to the last step and I didn't realize their wasn't another step so I put my foot down a little too hard and then it hurts my foot and I trip with my other foot pulling it up and then I fall flat on my face. And I wasn't drunk either!

The other time was when i was drunk and I got my foot caught on the lip and then I nearly fell flat on my face on another lip, but instead turned my head so the side took the force. Yeah, that wasn't a good idea either. Knocked me out. Minimal damage thankfully.....

And yeah, I have wooden stairs. It sucks