Falling Up The Stairs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow, I have heard of falling up the stairs but it has never happened to me before... until just now.

I was running and I guess I mis-judged where the first step was. Then I biffed it pretty hard. I stubbed one toe badly, bruised both arms, tore some skin off of my left knee and hit my head.

Sheesh. So who else has ever done this? :lol:

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've done it a few times, but I can't say that I've been injured that badly when it happened. You must of been running really fast to do so much damage. I imagine your stairs are made a wood, and there's no carpet on top of them.

I've bruised my big toe coming down the stairs once because I missed a step, but it was only bruised for a few days.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I actually find myself tripping/falling up stairs more often than falling down. I'd much rather fall up though. haha

It's usually when I'm in a rush and my foot gets caught on a stair. Good thing the distance from face to floor is much shorter.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Only all the time. I usually come away from it with a few bruises. The worst was when I did it at work, on the concrete, in the parking garage...in front of a lot of people. My clumsiness is embarrassing.

5. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Only think I've done that while inebriated.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Actually they were carpeted stairs that I fell on. Just goes to show how fast I was going to actually walk away from that with some injuries. :lol:

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh God, It must've hurt a lot!! Especially when you hit your head.
    Hope you're better now.

8. Hissa

Hissa Registered Member

Well,it happened to me once....
    My sister saw me & she laughed!:laugh:
    That was embarrassing!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I always hit my stupid knees when I fall up the stairs. It always happens when I'm running up the stairs and I don't pick my feet up over the lip on the next step.

*grumbles*

I even fell going up and rolled back down once. I got rug burn from that little adventure.

MAgnum9987 likes this.
  10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

All the time! Most of the time its because I just rush and i only get my toes on the very edge of the stair and I slip. But I mostly catch myself.

Another time it was VERY VERY early in the morning and I had just woken up, and I was walking up to the last step and I didn't realize their wasn't another step so I put my foot down a little too hard and then it hurts my foot and I trip with my other foot pulling it up and then I fall flat on my face. And I wasn't drunk either!

The other time was when i was drunk and I got my foot caught on the lip and then I nearly fell flat on my face on another lip, but instead turned my head so the side took the force. Yeah, that wasn't a good idea either. Knocked me out. Minimal damage thankfully.....

And yeah, I have wooden stairs. It sucks