• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES Fake Video Games

dDave

V.I.P.
Video game collecting has become quite a thing over the past 30-40 years. Everything ranging from pre-Atari 2600 all the way to Nintendo Switch, there are people collecting any and everything in between.

Personally, I'm a Nintendo collector. Primarily focused on Nintendo 64, I have a lot of games for Nintendo stuff across the board. I'm in a few groups on facebook for this type of thing where a lot of us buy, sell, and trade games and hardware.

One thing that I've noticed popping up recently is that a lot of people are purchasing reproduction or "fake" games thinking they're real/authentic items. These items are made to look real but are actually recently manufactured and simply aren't up to the same quality or collectible value of an original item. They're made to look real and even work most of the time but you never can reproduce a collectible item perfectly.

The sad thing is that the quality of the faked games isn't as high and depending on what it is, the game could easily crash or even damage your system. It's really sad that people are scamming others and knowingly selling fake games. Really takes a lot of the joy out of collecting.

Anyone see these fake games around? There's a whole lot of them.