• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fake report of Macaulay Culkin

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have only just seen something on Facebook announcing that Macaulay Culkin was dead. When I looked at the date I realised it was posted a few days ago and others were calling the report on this site: MSNBC as fake. They announced:

Breaking News: Macaulay Culkin Found Dead at Age 34

Sources are reporting that Macaulay Culkin, best known for his role as Kevin McCallister in Home Alone and sequel Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, has been found dead at the age of 34.

Multiple unconfirmed reports say Culkin was found dead Friday afternoon in his Manhattan apartment after police responded to a wellness check requested by a family member.

At least one occupant of the Manhattan apartment confirmed the apartment belongs to Culkin but police have not confirmed the man's identity at this time.

I did a search and it is confirmed he is in fact not dead but I see no retraction on the site. I am unsure of this was a mistake or for lol'z but this is not funny and making things like this up is not cool.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder why someone would do something like this. Was there even a body?

Bet MSNBC felt stupid for reporting this, I would hope they would anyway.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There was very little information and I really do hope someone lost their job over it. To find out of a death in the family by a news source and then find out it is not real is just horrible, I would hate to think how I would feel about this but I know it would leave me very upset.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Worse yet if his parents are old enough it could give them a heart attack which could kill them. Not a funny joke at all. Hope he got in touch with his parents before they heard about it on the news.