• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fake Petition Calling for Full Repeal of Second Amendment

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you ever wondered how many average Americans would actually sign a petition calling for a full repeal of the Second Amendment and door-to-door gun confiscation?

Well, you’re in luck. Mark Dice, a political activist, recently took to the streets to see how many people he could get to sign such a petition. Surprisingly, more than a few provided their signature to the cause.

“We’re just gonna repeal the Second Amendment and take the guns away form the crazy right-wing, white extremists,” Dice tells a man as he’s signing the petition. “And just make sure that only the illegal unregistered guns stay on the street.”

Activist Actually Gets People to Sign Fake Petition Calling for Full Repeal of Second Amendment and Door-to-Door Gun Confiscation, video
People signed this, couldn't believe how willing some are to give up their rights. Glad the thing was fake.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't think it has to do with how willing people are to give up rights, I think it's a testament to how poorly informed most Americans are. Many Americans seem to be perfectly fine getting their news from singular, bias sources and accepting what they hear as irrefutable truth. Or you you get the single issue voters and nowadays, the "Facebook voter" who goes on nothing but what their buddies reinforce on their social media pages.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dice told them what this petition was about and they still signed it.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't think it has to do with how willing people are to give up rights, I think it's a testament to how poorly informed most Americans are. Many Americans seem to be perfectly fine getting their news from singular, bias sources and accepting what they hear as irrefutable truth. Or you you get the single issue voters and nowadays, the "Facebook voter" who goes on nothing but what their buddies reinforce on their social media pages.
I think to some extent you're right, there is a massive amount of ignorance when it comes to the voting public. I do think that goes hand in hand with people willing to give up their rights. Many don't care because that right does not pertain to them or they disagree with that right for whatever reason. They don't care if the right is taken away because they disagree with it anyway, they refuse to stay faithful to the Constitution. When the government threatens to take away a right they agree with THEN suddenly they become constitutional scholars.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think to some extent you're right, there is a massive amount of ignorance when it comes to the voting public. I do think that goes hand in hand with people willing to give up their rights. Many don't care because that right does not pertain to them or they disagree with that right for whatever reason. They don't care if the right is taken away because they disagree with it anyway, they refuse to stay faithful to the Constitution. When the government threatens to take away a right they agree with THEN suddenly they become constitutional scholars.
I agree with you in this, too many people don't care about constitutional rights when it comes to something that doesn't pertain to them. I've heard people say 'that doesn't effect me' but then I will ask what about when it does should I care or be like you. It usually makes them mad.