• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Fake online reviews

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shoppers who use the internet to research hotels, books, electronics and other purchases are being misled by millions of "fake" reviews orchestrated by companies to trick potential customers, the consumer watchdog warns today as it begins an inquiry.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sho...duped-by-millions-of-fake-online-reviews.html

I like to look at online reviews of products before I buy them. Recently I was just looking for a new toothbrush holder and the one I was interested in received great online reviews. However my son discovered it was the same TB holder that was being marketed under a different name that had a bunch of bad reviews. In the beginning it had good reviews too. Glad I didn't buy it.

So how do you trust any of the reviews? Do you even read them? Ever bought something you wished you hadn't?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like to read what people have to say about it not just how many points it gets. Then you had better look at other places and see what they have to say. Small inexpensive things aren't so important but if your spending a few hundred it makes it worth it.