• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Failed States, Syria and Iraq

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Iraq and Syria may have been permanently torn apart by war and sectarian tensions, the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency said on Thursday, and many in those countries no longer identify as Iraqis or Syrians, agreed the head of the CIA.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/failed-states-syria-iraq/2015/09/11/id/687220/

I really don't see why it would be a bad thing to break them up. Maybe there would be some underlying problems I haven't considered but I know the Kurds would much prefer their own state so they can rule themselves.

What bugs me is if they have been lying on intelligence reports about how effective we have been against ISIS. Things may be worse than we know.

Thoughts?

Rapier

V.I.P.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/failed-states-syria-iraq/2015/09/11/id/687220/

I really don't see why it would be a bad thing to break them up. Maybe there would be some underlying problems I haven't considered but I know the Kurds would much prefer their own state so they can rule themselves.

What bugs me is if they have been lying on intelligence reports about how effective we have been against ISIS. Things may be worse than we know.

Thoughts?
What bugs me is how annoying your "solutions" are. Just mind your own beeswax . Let the oil companies resolve this as Adam and Eve intended them to do.
:D

Rapier

V.I.P.
Just here chilling. Enjoying the Gong Show moment that came and went.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Annoying, you call my solutions annoying.:mad: I thought they were brilliant. What side show solutions do you have?;)

Rapier

V.I.P.
Side show? :( My solution show is neither side nor back side.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still haven't heard your solution.

Mine is give the Kurds their own country so they don't have to kiss Sunni or Shiite butt or Turkey butt for that matter. I doubt Syria or Iraq will ever be the same anyway. At least ISIS wouldn't control their country.

Sim

Registered Member
Problem is, Turkey is totally 110% opposed against a Kurdish state of any kind, because of the Kurdish minority they have on their territory.

Turkey (still) is a NATO country, yet they are not bombarding the very Kurds that had just been equipped and supported by America and other Western countries to fight ISIS.

It's really one big mess down there. Everybody against everybody, it seems.