Facebook Made Me Do It

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ysabel, Mar 4, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This is an article about the "Seven lies we tell ourselves about social networking" (which is in fact limited to just Facebook) written by Raina Kelley for Newsweek last week.

For Facebook users, how many among those can you relate to? The funny thing is I read this article the day after I started cleaning up my FB friend list and announced via my status that I would remove those who haven't spoken/written to me in the past months from my friends list. I'm not really fond of a growing friend list for the sake of having friends who most likely don't care if I fall off facebook one day. :dunno:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

None of them really apply to me. I have declined several friend requests from people I went to high school with that I don't care to talk to. I log on a couple times a day and usually just check to see if I got any messages, then I log off. I rarely look through people's profiles or anything. I don't really care what they're up to.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

That should be boldened and stamped on every site all across the internet.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

# 1 Doesn't apply, I already explained why I feel the opposite about it
    # 2 haha, it never made me do anything but I did change my status once to mock that fb user that killed his wife over a change of fb status
    # 3 I don't flirt wall-to-wall. Maybe elsewhere.... :lol:
    # 4 I just joined facebook because of peer pressure that lasted more than a year combined with boredom for a day (nothing in the internet interested me)
    # 5 I never hated facebook. I got annoyed when it changed format but that's about it.
    # 6 Doesn't apply. I don't play games in FB, we already have enough in GF that keep me occupied when I'm in the mood to play
    # 7 What, you can befriend facebook? *runs to add facebook as friend

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

1 never. I reject many friend requests a year from people who I barely said two words to. Lol. Two friends are school teachers and I can't seem to find the friend delete button. Where is it??

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Go to your friends list and on the right side of their name there's an X mark. Click on that and it deletes the person from your list.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

You left me right? Have I talked to you through facebook recently or do I need to hurry and do that to insure my status as your friend?

I have accepted everyone as a friend so far, even a couple high school people I don't really care about. I don't go seeking them out, but if they find me I'll add them. That's the main one I'm guilty of (and I was in competition with Knyte over it at first, he's the only person I care to compete with).

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You know you're my friend kiwi even if you're not in my fb list. But yeah, you're still there. Blame Wales. :lol:

9. charnet3d

charnet3d New Member

yeeh I agree with that, it's veeery addictive lol, we all want to know those close friends' personal informations, and we just can't help it hehe, at least for me..

10. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I have no one here on my list. Aw,poo.

Anyway, I lovelovelove number four. I'll admit it. i snoop. An awful lot too.