Facebook and your family.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by EllyDicious, Oct 14, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

my questions regarding the topic. :)
    meanwhile i'm going first.

1-Do your parents have facebook? And what do they think about it, in general?
    No they don't. and they don't think anything. they ignore this topic.

2-If yes, have they commented on your fb? Have you commented back?
    no/no.

3-or better, do they know about the existence of any social pages like FB; Myspace; Tagged ...etc. ??
    my mom knows about facebook. my dad doesn't. they're not into computer/internet/and less on facebook stuff.

4-Have you created any fb page for them or on their behalf?
    no. i had no reason and no nerve to do that. but most of my friends have done that for their parents.

5-Do your parents' friends have fb?
    yeah they do. i have a lot of parents' friends who have several social pages.

6-How do you feel when they add you?
    it depends. i do crazy stuff on facebook, i may post crazy pictures (just for fun) so it depends on how they'll react. i feel a bit uncomfortable of thinking about what they may think about my fb. :D [which is totally normal to me.]
    once i had my dad's friend telling me: "i read some inappropriate comments on your fb page..and i don't like them ... why did he say that? why did you say that? .... " etc ... :shifteyes: i wanted to slam anything on his face. damn it .. it's just a facebook so he doesn't have to take everything seriously.
    that's what makes me nervous.

7-Do you accept their friendship request?
    i have accepted their friendship request. but now i'm starting to think i'll have to put them on hold. [ignoring their request would make them think i actually ignored them]

8-Do you remove them if you don't feel comfortable having them as friends?
    i wanna do it. but i can't.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My mom has one. I think she finds it complicated.

Yeah she did. I find her comments funny (on mine and others). She rarely uses it though. I wrote on her wall to welcome her to fb.
    I don't think so. I mean, my dad discovered ygroups and he's still struggling with it, haha.

Nope.

Yes, and my mom is friends with some of my friends too - she hangs out with sometimes when we invite our friends to sleepover.
    The friends? They're mostly my friends first, save for two people (who are close family friends), before her friends.
    I have several cousins on fb, even those I'm not really close with but who will surely report to my dad or mom if I wrote something. I'm fine adding them. I put them in a certain category: family. I use filters if there are things I write that I don't like family to see. :)

3. EllyDicious

hmmmm FILTERS!!! i had forgotten about this option! i should take it into consideration lol. ;)

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

No, they don't.

no/no.

3-or better, do they know about the existence of any social pages like FB; Myspace; Tagged ...etc. ??
    Nah, they are not into that sort of stuff. They know about Facebook but don't understand it's usage.

Nope.

Yes they do.

I accept them, but if they don't like what I write and they pass it onto my parents, I just say "Get over it, it's my facebook not yours". My parents wouldn't care either as I am old enough.

Unfortunately, I have to because they will be asking why I didn't accept.

I don't remove them as I don't care what they think of my statuses and my talkings with my friends.

5. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

My mom has had one before. My dad see's no point in having one.

When my mom had hers, yes we did comment back and forth.

Yes, they both do.

I made my mom's for her. I also made her myspace page. I tried to get my dad to let me make one for him, but he won't use it. Haha.

Yepp.

I don't really care. They are all laid back and fun.

Generally, yes.

I would remove them if I didn't feel comfortable, yes.

6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

My mom and my grandmother, and my cousins all have facebook. I think it's fine. If I update my status to something wierd, I could care less what they think. My mom usually complains about my younger siblings facebook pages having swears and stuff lol. But facebook is the way that my siblings and I communicate sometimes. Since my brother and sister are moved and stuff.

Yah, we communicate back and forth quite regularly on facebook.

Yah

I created a facebook page for my cat...

Some of my mom's friends do, but I don't have them added. I don't know them so why would i?

I just ignore it.

see above

I've never removed someone, since I don't add unwanted friends in the first place.

7. EllyDicious

Kamiliiii!! :D
    i should send her a friend request lol .

8. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

My mum does.

yes.

Yeah, my mum does.

No. But I have created one for my daughter. Which should be updated to include her sister too....

Yes, but they are not on my friends' list.

None ever had. And if they did, I'll accept, makes no difference to me.

see above.

I'd remove them if I felt uncomfortable.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

My mother has the decency to not add me and to not pester me about it but my aunts and cousins (one as young as 10) have Facebooks and it pisses me off to no end with all the fucking dumbass applications and quizzes. I use Facebook to keep in contact with friends and thus, family are not included.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Both of my parents have it. I don't think my mom is on there much...not sure about my dad. My dad is super duper religious...hellfire and brimstone type religious...so I'm sure he didn't appreciate my recent addition of gay club pics with me drinking and doing the shocker. I don't really care what he thinks though.