Face or Heel - Which was better?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Shooting_Palanx, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Which wrestler did you feel had a better career as a face, or a heel, or even both?

Let's say John Cena for instance. He actually did very well during his rapper heel gimmick. When he turned face, he was immediately over with the crowd, but has become stale, I guess it's his marine gimmick becoming a bit too much for alot of people.

So anyone?

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

ah i thought this was gonna be a sort of "fun & games" thread. Like i say a wrestler, next person says if they were better as a face or heel and then say another wrestler, and so on!

I agree with John Cena. I thought he was great when he started but now i've been changing the channel at the sight of him for a long time now.

One superstar that i definitely think is better as a face than heel is Shelton Benjamin. He got over straight away when he beat Triple H with a surprise win a few years ago and was one of the best young faces in the company. He never really got over as a heel and they kept him in that role for WAY too long. His career just solidly went downhill. hing is about Benjamin, he's eas to get behind as a face because he does such crazily AWESOME things in the ring! It makes up for his lack of charisma.

He's been doin pretty well as a face again recently, and i'd LOVE to see him win the Money In The Bank match this year. If anyone deserves it he does! He's stolen the show every year he's competed in it!

3. Shooting_Palanx

Yeah I guess you're right about Benjamin in that he needs to win the MITB, but I honestly doubt it looking at the current contenders, I'm actually betting Christian to win it in my honest opinion.

I think some wrestlers do real good as both a heel and face, which is sometimes rare in my opinion, depending on how the crowd reacts.

The Rock is an example, he started off as a babyface and was not over with the crowd at all, I think the crowd hated his two dimensional character. He than became a heel when he joined the corporation and became the youngest WWE champion at the time, and alot of people just hated him. He was really good as a heel, and did his job well, but the one thing people couldn't take away was his funny as hell segments, which was what eventually gave him his face status.

The Rock was definitely better as a face, because his popularity in 2000 just skyrocketed to the top of the building, and I think no one had really seen so much momentum before since Stone Cold or Hogan for that matter.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah how many years is Benjamin going to steal the show but lose the match? Seems like it happens every single year.

I always thought Kane was an awesome heel. He's a monster, afterall.

Batista sucks as a face...good as a heel.

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I like Wooly's idea...could we turn this into someone naming a wrestler, someone else giving their input and naming another, etc.? That would be fun and could continue for a long time :)

6. Shooting_Palanx

Sure let's do it.

I'll start off from Millz, since he mentioned Batista?

Here's my input:

Batista as a face was terribly boring, he lacked the charisma and the mic skills in my opinion to really go OVER with the crowd, he is alot more convincing as a heel in my opinion, and really gets the crowd riled. He's not the best heel at the moment, but he's certainly not the worst.

Ok, I'll choose Randy Orton. Go ahead whoever posts after me.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I think it should be turned into this.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

If we're going to do this we have to keep it on topic and the posts have to be good and not subtalkish.

9. Shooting_Palanx

I just started it, so anyone going to respond to my post, or should I respond to my own post to get it going?

Come on guys, I chose Randy, someone make a comment and leave a wrestler for someone else to comment.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think Randy Orton is definitely better as a heel than face. His two best gimmicks were the "Legend Killer" Orton and the head kicking IED nutjob Orton. His stints as a face aren't anywhere near as memorable. Plus his general cockiness makes him perfectly suited to being a heel. He's pretty much a dickhead in real life so it's easier for him to pull off! :p

How about.... Chris Jericho?