• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Fable 3

Impact

V.I.P.
I can't believe there isn't a thread about this already. For those of you living under a rock somewhere this game came out sometime last week, depending where you live.

I still haven't had the funds to pick up a copy, but i'm watching videos online and it looks amazing.

So for those of you who have it, what's it like? Make me jealous for the next while until I can pick it up

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't have it yet either. I plan on getting it within a week or two. I think I'll start working on Fable 2 so that I can actually finish the game before getting the 3rd one.

BigBob

Registered Member
I don't have it, but I've been contemplating or months getting an X-box just for it.. but, I think they have it on PC so I might just get it for here.

Fable is one of the best franchises I've played.

Arathald

Registered Member
Fable III is fantastic. I picked it up last week. I really like a lot of the new systems they put in place, as well as how they simplified some things that were, in my opinion, unnecessarily complicated in previous versions.

mister_lister

I played fable 1 on the pc, and I am still working on fable 2. I enjoy those two versions. Just waiting for it to become availalbe as a used game at game stop, so I can pick it up at a discount.

With fable 2 I am kinda stuck. I finished the main quest and got married and bought all the availalbe properties and businesses. However, after buying the million dollar fairfax mansion I am stuck on a shooting puzzle in the dungeon. There is a door to open but one must shoot a floating ball in different positions. I am not dexterous enough to get the ball in all of the positions.

Any tips would be helpful if you have completed the dungeoon in the basement of fairfax mansion.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I recently played and completed Fable 3. I liked it so much that I started a 2nd character, and will probably be doing a third.

Unfortunately I had opened every single demon door, and then my achievement glitched on the very last one that I opened. I was so pissed about that.

Right now I'm trying to get the chef's hat, and all the weapons.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I have it on PC, and its bloody awesome! I played it pretty much all of yesterday doing heaps of side missions and exploring while doing some of the story missions. Loving this game and I can see I will most likely do a second character afterwards.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I have it on PC, and its bloody awesome! I played it pretty much all of yesterday doing heaps of side missions and exploring while doing some of the story missions. Loving this game and I can see I will most likely do a second character afterwards.
Really? I really didn't like it. It seems too closed to be a semi-open world game.

Irish

Registered Member
Why does everybody seem to love this game? :-o:-o

Fable 3 is the worst pile of crap. Compared to Fable 2, it doesn't even come close in terms of awesomeness.

First of all, it's so dumbed down to the point I feel like a retard playing it that is being guided by the hand or something. They thought it would be a good idea to remove all the menus. What?

In Fable 2 there is so much more freedom, so much more you can do. There's a stat for everything, and your character really has their own personality.

None of this in Fable 3. Everything you do is a huge hassle in this game, instead of simply pressing "start" and selecting a new outfit to wear etc., you have to walk around in this fucking sanctuary shit, go into the correct room, walk over to whatever you want, select it, choose to wear it and then leave.

I'm really hoping you up the standards in the next installment, Lionhead. :sigh:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Actually, there are also stats in Fable 3 for everything, but maybe you hated walking around the sanctuary so much that you didn't see them.

I did like the menu choices in Fable 2 better, but I liked the story and camera angles (when playing co op) much more in Fable 3. I can't even stand playing Fable 2 now. It annoys me too much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MissMe Reading 3
Shooting_Palanx Video Games 12
Merc Video Games 17
Mirage Video Games 5
O Video Games 3