• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games F.E.A.R.

merob

Boom!
First Encounter Assult Recon, for PC is probably the best horror game ever released.
http://www.firingsquad.com/products/review_viewer.asp/Games/228/342
I expected the series to be overated. I had to turn the game off and take a breather 4min into the first level. I hear it's going to appear on consoles soon, but I'm not sure.

S

SOAD2k8

I played through the demo and it's extremly fun! I haven't got around to getting the full game, though. And, yes, it is comming to Xbox360, too

K

Kamui-Sama

Sweet!! this game is really fun but i only played the demo version ^_^

C

crashman

I've got the game and beaten it. It is one the best games I've ever played it was SWEET! O0

merob

Boom!
The thing i dont get is, people seem to feel this game is inferior to RE4. After I began talking about F.E.A.R., folks often made random comparisons. With the exception of RE2 and nemisis (@ times), the series hasn't caused much of a thrill - from my perspective. I'm starting to feel it's just me, but FEAR was the most horrific game i've ever played.

S

SawBone

I think the game was pretty good. I agree it's not that thrilling but the overall atmosphere is great. I just wish it had more different environment types.. going through labs/office almost all the time gets boring after a while.

T

The Realist

Around here, people bought that game for the Computer AI. Its one of the best ever made and its outstanding. But after sometime, my friend who worked at Gamestop told me that 30 to 40 people came to Gamestop to return the game. Why? All of them was freaked out at one certain part of the game. o_O My brother had to investigate it and after awhile, he didn't play it anymore.

My friend and I are still trying to figure out why people were scared of the game and returned it back too.

merob

Boom!
The Realist said:
Around here, people bought that game for the Computer AI. Its one of the best ever made and its outstanding. But after sometime, my friend who worked at Gamestop told me that 30 to 40 people came to Gamestop to return the game. Why? All of them was freaked out at one certain part of the game. o_O My brother had to investigate it and after awhile, he didn't play it anymore.

My friend and I are still trying to figure out why people were scared of the game and returned it back too.
The entire game is scary as fuck. There a few points where the little girl will hover in a random corner, and everyoce in a while something will occur abruptly, and freak the hell out of you. My friends watched me play a few times, and there were moments where they'd notice something I didn't see - or sometimes it'd be the other way around. Going through, especially by yourself, the game plays a lot of mind games w/ you. I don't know how many times I jumped/muffled a scream my second time through even. I started sweating while I played some where after chapter 4.

T

The Realist

Yes I know this game is scary as hell. I watched my bro play it and never again.Some of the scenes were great but I enjoyed the moment when the girl killed your first few crew members, awesome. SPLAT, SPLURGE, DIE!!!

merob

Boom!
If you have a good gfx card, the ending is fucking extreme.