Eyeball Controlled Gaming?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Apr 4, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Sounded kinda weird to me at first but this is actually a pretty neat technology that they've developed;

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

That sounds cool, I hope that catches on as I would like to play one of these devices in the future.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

If it went mainstream I can see some huge uses for it. I mean like outside of just making gaming accessable to those that are disabled.

But think about that... I mean a device that responds to eye movement? That could be huge for games that rely on free moving camera angles. Can you imagine a FPS where instead of having to move a joystick to look left.... you just look left! :hah:

4. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I think that the technology looks fascinating and, if it catches on, will revolutionise the gaming world for young disabled people.

Whether the gaming world (and its brain-rotting, frustration-inducing, fist-clenching experiences) is a good thing remains questionable. =P

5. sirleo09

sirleo09 Registered Member

Woah sweet. Maybe this is when gaming start a new revolution and creates this thing where you put on your head, over your eyes, and it teleports you to the gaming world. And then you can control you body just like you do in real life, and everything would be extremely...like...EPIC! :lol:

Cheers,

Leo

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

No. For me that is. While it's great for disabled people and people who actually want something new, I don't like it. Why is that? It's because I hate this whole motion control gaming trend going on. I'm a lazy gamer. I like to sit back and zone out while playing a game. Also, I don't play for 10 minutes and have a 10 minute brake, I play for hours sometimes. Can you imagine the stress on the eyes after playing hours on end with this eye movement invention? @.@

If they give the option to continue using controllers/keyboard & mouse it's all find by me. If they manage to somehow force us to use our eyes for such a product I'll be buying another console.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010