• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Eye Eating Parasite from Contact Lenses

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you wear contact lenses you really need to be careful so you don't end up like this girl. She contracted a eye eating parasite from her contact lenses. Many people that get this end up needing a cornea transplant or they go blind. She's lucky and will be fine but can you imagine having to stay awake for 4 days so you can have eye drops put in your eye every 30 minutes. Better than going blind though.

I wear glasses and thought about contact lenses but I don't think I could stick something in my eye. I have a hard enough time just using eye drops. Then I read something like this and I don't want contacts at all.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/contact-lens-parasite-ate-my-eyeball

Do you wear contact lenses and if so how careful are you about cleanliness? Every had problems?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Glad my web browser curiously wouldn't let me see the images, unless the article is expired and the things gone.

Glad that I turned down an opportunity to stay over a cousin's place when I was younger because all they had for my contacts was to keep them in bowls of water. Not sure what the probability outright of getting the thing in there is, but it looks like me being more clean than social paid off.

Great way to remind myself what my first big maintenance expense is going to be even more than health. Can't believe I forgot this one. This plus complete body mole removal.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The first image is still there for me but the rest are gone.

Can't be too careful when it comes to contacts. Probably a good thing you didn't stay at your cousins house.