• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Extremely Geeky Things to do in an Elevator

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
Extremely Geeky Things to do in an Elevator

Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off

Blow your nose, then offr to show the contnts of your tissue to the other passanges

Grimace painfully while smacking your forehesd and muttering "Stut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP."

On a long ride, sway from side toside at the natural frequency of the elevator

Belch as loudly and deeply for as long as you can. Pause. Then repeat.

Crack open your briefcase or purse, peer inside and ask, "Got enough air in there?"

Offer name tags to everybody getting on the elevator (wear your own upside-down)

Great everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral

Tai Chi exercises

Yell out "Oh, not now, damn motion sickness!" from the back of a extremely packed elevator.

Hand out religous tracts to each passenger

Pass wind. smile smugly and look proud about it.

Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers through it

Attempt to start a sing-along

Play the harmonica

shadow box
listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another good one is to stage a very emotional cell phone call. Script it ahead of time and memorize the pauses and reaction times. :D

Then there is also the fake heart attack, or a simple fake faint if you aren't as mean. :D

Another fun one is to pretend to be really old friends with the person who just got on. Act like you haven't seen them in a long time and be very excited to see them.

;)

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
if you liked those, heres some more...

wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passangers through it

draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to other passengers that this is your "personal space"

tell everybody who gets on "welcome to the tardis"
(really for dr who fans)

take a bite of a sandwich and ask another passenger, "wanna see wha in muh mouf?"

announce in a demonic voice "I must find a more suitable host body."

wear "x-ray specs" and leer suggestively

All these jokes work great just make sure that you don't know any of the passengers and vice-versa.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I like to press the buttons of two consecutive floors (like 7 and 8). I act insane while on the elevator, then I get off on the 7th floor. When the doors close, I race to the stairs and beat the elevator to the 8th floor. As the doors open, I scream, "I KNOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME! I KNOW IT! I KNOW IT! I KNOW IT!!!", and watch them panic and try to close the doors in a hurry.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha then get back on the elevator after yelling that. :D That's a pretty good one. Have you actually tried that though? Seems like that would take some guts lol! :)

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Only in small towns, not in government buildings, and while wearing a disguise.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Use a metal detector wand like the ones used in the airport and check people for metallic items before letting them ride the elevator.

(NOTE: Might be costly and ALSO could probably result in security kicking you out.)

But hey it will be fun while it lasts. :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
or pushing EVERY single button so the elevator stops at every floor. that does irritate people. Not something that I have done on purpose or anything but when you have kids, little things like this happen :D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's also not something that is smart to do if people SEE you do it. If they catch you then you should definitely leave the elevator. People generally don't find waiting for every floor very fun. Especially in tall buildings. :D

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Yea...Push all of the buttons then leave the elevator. That way you dont get kicked out, and you can just ride on the next one.