• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Extreme running?

technoflutemom

Registered Member
Anyone else an extreme runner? I love cross-country style events. The worse the landscape, the better. We have a race near me called the "5K into Hell". It is wonderful! It is usually held in January and consists of about a mile-long mountain climb, crossing a large stream and wading through half-frozen wetland.

Needless to say, it is not a course where you go to set a personal record :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here in Colorado there is a type of extreme running called "Mountain Tumbling."

These people go up Pikes Peak and then put on helmets, elbow and knee pads, body armor, etc and then basically run down as fast as possible. Falling and tumbling half the time. It's probably a step about what you consider "extreme running" though. Some people call it "extreme stupidity!" :D

tater03

Registered Member
I have seen the pictures on hear of this Peak and would have to agree with calling it extreme stupidy. I would break my neck. I am not all that into running beside jogging around the block.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
Here in Colorado there is a type of extreme running called "Mountain Tumbling."

These people go up Pikes Peak and then put on helmets, elbow and knee pads, body armor, etc and then basically run down as fast as possible. Falling and tumbling half the time. It's probably a step about what you consider "extreme running" though. Some people call it "extreme stupidity!" :D
Yeah, that's a little much for me :) If you have to wear a helmet, I'll be running a different course.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that is called Free-Style Running. I don't think that is the same as Extreme Running though. That's more impressive though. :)

Extreme Running is more on rough terrain and does not necessarily involve flips and hand springs. :D

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't know about mountain tumbling, it looks like fun while at the same time incredibly painful. I do, however, run cross country, and track. I'm just one of those people that loves to run for fun.

Last edited: