PPV Extreme Rules official thread

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, May 19, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

2 Matches have been announced for this PPV already...formally known as One Night Stand...

Randy Orton vs Batista, WWE Championship, Steel Cage Match

Big Show vs John Cena, Submission Match

Bliss likes this.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Why would John Cena and Big Show be involved in a Submission match, that's so stupid.

Orton vs Batista in a steel cage should be pretty good.

3. Millz

Reason for the submission match is because at Judgment Day John Cena was unable to get the STF locked in on Big Show. So he went to Guerrero and demanded that match because he think he'll win easily since Cena cant do the move.

That and he's now doing that camel clutch manuever that looks very painful.
    ------
    New match added:

Christian vs Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger for the ECW title in a hardcore match

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Now THAT i'm looking forward to.

5. Millz

Me too Wooly...should be good. Here's the official card:

Randy Orton vs Batista, WWE title, cage match

Edge vs Jeff Hardy, World title, ladder match

Big Show vs John Cena, submission match

Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho, IC title match, no holds barred

Santina Marella vs Vickie Guerrero, Ms Wrestlemania crown,hog pen match

Christian vs Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger, ECW title,triple threat hardcore,

6. Babe_Ruth

Looks like a good card, I am really looking forward to the ladder match between Edge and Hardy, that should be extremely entertaining.

The Santina match should be hilarious, anything that involves Santino is usually funny.

7. Millz

CM Punk is facing Umaga in a Samoan Strap Match as well...that brings us to 7 matches. That'll probably be it.

8. Babe_Ruth

That should be interesting to say the least. I really hope Umaga wins this one as well, in my opinion he will. I've always enjoyed Umaga in a match that as no disqualifications. He always puts on a show. Should be the same this time around.

9. Millz

I hope Umaga wins as well...if they are going to push him as a legit main eventer then he needs to win this matchup. Punk has his briefcase...he doesnt need the win.

10. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

It's a good card but I really don't like the Cena/Show match, where does Submission Match fall into an extreme rules card. I mean I understand that it may have nothing to do with a technical wrestling bout but usually submission falls under the category of technical rules which contrasts extreme rules.