• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Extra Names

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I liked redroses' idea of a thread...what I'm wondering, though, is if anyone has an extra name other than their First, Middle, and Last? I don't mean a nickname in this case.

=======
For example, my first and second are Daniel Patrick, but my third is Edward. I'm Catholic, and as a part of the sacrament of Confirmation (kind of becoming an adult in the Church), we choose a third name.

This happened when I was around 12-13 years old, and we were able to pick our own name (which was pretty cool to me!).

I picked St. Edward as my namesake because of a story I had read about him...he was an English King, and apparently he once saw a beggar and gave him the ring off of his finger. I really liked that, and it fit my personality, so there you go. It still does fit my personality and my career choice somewhat, so I still embrace the name even when I'm not as active with the Church as I should probably be.
========

Any extra names here on GF?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't even have a middle name, let alone a third name lol. I've never heard of that before.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I chose both my "extra names" and my brothers We both have two middle names from our christening.

I am Keeley-Ann Maureen Georgia and my Bro is Jacob James Elias.

(For the record I did NOT choose Maureen :( My nan is called Maureen and my mum was trying to make her happy :( )

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I chose both my "extra names" and my brothers We both have two middle names from our christening.

I am Keeley-Ann Maureen Georgia and my Bro is Jacob James Elias.

(For the record I did NOT choose Maureen :( My nan is called Maureen and my mum was trying to make her happy :( )
So, I'm confused...is Keeley-Ann your full first name? Or are Ann and Maureen your two middle names from your Christening and Georgia came later?

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
So, I'm confused...is Keeley-Ann your full first name? Or are Ann and Maureen your two middle names from your Christening and Georgia came later?
Keeley-Ann is my full first name :)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty much the same thing as Unity said there...

I have a confirmation name of Joseph which I was able to pick during that process. So I have my normal first name, last name and middle name and then that "4th" name in there.

I don't ever use it for anything though :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
lol, I may have never heard of a person not having a middle name!
Er, I don't have a middle name either. Neither does my elder sister. Our names only have 12 letters (full names).

But! Somehow, when I was about to be baptised, the Church requested for a more Christian/Catholic-y name for me. I don't know why coz my last name is a famous Bible character anyway. :lol: So my mom somehow managed to insert "Maria". However it is only on my baptismal certificate. I skipped it during confirmation and tried to not put it for the wedding documents either because I know I'll have problem with messing up my legal name.

Dabs

Registered Member
I know of several people who have "4" names, so to speak. I often wondered about that. I am not Catholic, I'm not anything actually, of any religion, and I just have the usual- first, middle and last names. But I also know of a couple people who don't have a middle name. I really do loathe my middle name.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I actually have five names, though not all of them are legally. I have a first, two middle names, and two last names.

I'm not sure, exactly why I have a second middle name, but I bet it's something to do with a baptismal thing. I've had it as long as I can remember but it's never been on any documentation that I've had. And I have my legal last name, then my stepdad's last name is on all of my school's paperwork in parentheses. Mikel Anthony James Tibbetts (Freeze)

That's a long ass name.