• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Explosives at Boston marathon

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
That's the point I was going to make, they get sued so often it would behoove them to be lawyers because 1) to make sure they comply with the law and 2) to defend themselves. They're not in it for the money, they're in it because they subjectively believe what they are doing is right. Besides, she used the example that they are lawyers which means they only care about money. Their actions is evidence that they are or aren't in anything for the money, not their actual occupation.
Actually it's really easy to say they are. Another big reason they're all lawyers is they sue the shit out of anyone who interacts with them anywhere. It's why people are always advised to stay away from them because they're sue happy. Granted angry ol' papa Phelps himself is as I recall, not a recognized lawyer anywhere, but that doesn't stop them from suing anyone they can.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Don't you guys think it's interesting that the bomb was specifically designed, or it least it seems to be designed to do maximum damage to limbs. Filled with shrapnel etc that seemed to blast out at about leg height, completely destroying so many peoples arms and legs. And it was planted at a marathon, an event promoting sport, exercise, healthy living etc. It's such a specific attack to use a bomb that will deliberately make people unable to walk or run again at an event that's all about running.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Actually it's really easy to say they are. Another big reason they're all lawyers is they sue the shit out of anyone who interacts with them anywhere. It's why people are always advised to stay away from them because they're sue happy. Granted angry ol' papa Phelps himself is as I recall, not a recognized lawyer anywhere, but that doesn't stop them from suing anyone they can.
They don't sue for monetary damages though for the very most part, they sue either for injunctive relief or to stop someone who they feel is infringing on their First Amendment rights. They aren't involved in big toxic tort cases or class action lawsuits against corporations looking for a payoff. Not all lawsuits are friviolous and seeking monetary damages.

I should point out you gave an example of their alleged actions to support that theory, not their actual occupation, which supports my point.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
People in Boston and the surrounding area are being told to stay inside and schools are closed. It's being reported he is armed and dangerous. If I were in Boston I sure would hate to not have a gun to protect my family.