• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Explosives at Boston marathon

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I completely agree with you, Cappy. I think it's easy to forget how the good outweighs the bad in humanity, and it's not a new thing, it's always been there.

Glad to hear your family are safe, Merc.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely agree with you as well CO.

Hopefully we find out exactly who did this and as soon as possible. Whether its domestic or foreign, I don't really care, they need to be caught right away for doing what they did.

dDave

V.I.P.
Westboro to picket Boston funerals, blames ‘fag marriage’ for bombings | The Raw Story

There's no doubt that Westboro Baptist is just plain evil. There is not a better word to describe them. They seem to celebrate violence so much that I can't help but wonder if they were somehow affiliated with this bombing.

It also looks as if the anonymous hacker group might work to fight against Westboro Baptist. I'm really starting to like anonymous, they've done some ridiculous stuff in the past, but they're doing everyone a huge service if they work against Westboro Baptist.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
You know the Westboro Church are rich right? Sometimes I can't help but wonder if they are putting it all on just because of all the money they keep swindling out of this somehow. Why do you think most of the adults in that family are lawyers? It's ALL about money to them.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So because they're lawyers it's ALL about money to them? It couldn't be because wanting to change the law, could it? Or they couldn't go to law school for the intellectual challenge, could they? OBVIOUSLY it's because of money, right? I swear, the lack of critical thinking these days....

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
So because they're lawyers it's ALL about money to them? It couldn't be because wanting to change the law, could it? Or they couldn't go to law school for the intellectual challenge, could they? OBVIOUSLY it's because of money, right? I swear, the lack of critical thinking these days....
Come on, easy now.

Crou isn't too far off the point with the WBC. I don't think she was going that right exactly. It's mostly because they get sued so often and that Fred Phelps was actually a really great lawyer some time ago but then he found his new religious path and put himself on what he believes is a righteous path. But money is a big focus for them.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Merc, so glad to hear that you family is doing ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys for sure.

I was talking to someone yesterday about how it's lose-lose because foreign acts like this make us feel unsafe but domestic terrorism is just as horrible because it shows more and more how unstable our citizens can be. Both attack American feelings of safety and security. However, I think never finding out who did this is worse than both. I really hope we find the bastard.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Come on, easy now.

Crou isn't too far off the point with the WBC. I don't think she was going that right exactly. It's mostly because they get sued so often and that Fred Phelps was actually a really great lawyer some time ago but then he found his new religious path and put himself on what he believes is a righteous path. But money is a big focus for them.
That's the point I was going to make, they get sued so often it would behoove them to be lawyers because 1) to make sure they comply with the law and 2) to defend themselves. They're not in it for the money, they're in it because they subjectively believe what they are doing is right. Besides, she used the example that they are lawyers which means they only care about money. Their actions is evidence that they are or aren't in anything for the money, not their actual occupation.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love how the internet is trying to solve this on their own. Everyone is so up in arms about that "man on the roof" photo. What if the guy lived/worked there and was using the roof as a good viewing point? It'd be interesting if it was just all a coincidence and he happened to be there when that photo was taken.

Impact

V.I.P.
It also looks as if the anonymous hacker group might work to fight against Westboro Baptist. I'm really starting to like anonymous, they've done some ridiculous stuff in the past, but they're doing everyone a huge service if they work against Westboro Baptist.
I know this isn't a thread about anonymous but I agree with you here. Didn't they already do something against them when they tried to picket the Sandy Hook (I think it was them) funerals. They hacked and exposed some of their members or something.

Anyway, like has been said I hope they discover who did this quickly. It was terrible to hear about although i'mg glad they managed to find that other bomb quickly to avoid more casualties.

Glad to hear your family were safe Merc. I actually wondered if you would have gone down with it being so close to where you live.