• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Explosives at Boston marathon

dDave

V.I.P.
It could of been placed in there at any time or someone could of eaten and left it there somewhere. Could of had a timer on it or they set it off by cell phone and that's the reason they shut down the cell phone service.

I would like to know who did it? I hope they get some clues fast.
If they don't get any clues really soon I don't think there's any hope they will catch the one responsible for this tragedy.

It's possible that the devices were stored in the adjacent buildings and were then moved carefully to the place where they would ultimately blow up. Probably would have been easy to do since everyone that attends the race is focused on watching it. Everyone except for the over 2,000 national guard that was present...

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
My father, sister and uncles were all at the finishing line, luckily none of them were hurt. My nerves have been shot all day. The thirty minutes it took me to find out if they were okay really got to me. I'm hoping most of the injured are okay.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was actually thinking of you today, Merc. Glad no family members were injured or killed.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've just been watching some close up footage from people who filmed the bomb going off, then ran up and filmed the aftermath. It's lucky the bombs weren't bigger. The buildings right next to the first bomb were mostly unharmed, and only a few of the windows smashed. Most of them were still in tact and they were right next to it. It's shocking how many people can be impacted by bombs of this scale. It's a good thing they weren't larger ones.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They have found two other devices and still no leads. Someone tackled a Saudi national they saw running from the scene and police questioned him but he's not a suspect. They also searched an apartment. The Taliban are denying any responsibility.

The London Marathon is coming up Sunday.

Boston bombings: Person of interest's apartment searched - CBS News

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was actually thinking about you Merc and wondering if you or anyone you knew was nearby. I'm glad to hear your family is ok and I'm praying for the victims of this terrorist attack.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's unsettling because my dad, my uncle and my sister are in several photos and videos traveling around the net right now. My sister was yards from the blast, so it's a miracle she didn't get at least a concussion. Overall, I'm glad the third one never went off because my dad would have caught the full force of it.

I've been teetering between wanting to cry and being exhausted the last 36 hours or so. I'm just glad my family is okay.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm glad your family is ok too, Merc.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if you went ahead and cried.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Here's some sad news. Westboro plans on picketing the funerals of the victims. Wish those people would just go away.

Westboro to picket Boston funerals, blames ‘fag marriage’ for bombings | The Raw Story
Meh, they're irrelevant fucktards.

When you look at the footage I can't help but notice the amount of people who ran towards the explosions to help as much as they could. They HAD to be afraid of another explosion going off but instead wanted to help out fellow human beings. When you look at how fast many people reacted and you consider the outpouring of love and support from many parts of the world I can't help but feel more pride in humanity. Violence will always exist, and when you consider that never in time have there been more humans on this planet than now, the amount of violence we experience now is miniscule compared to ages past, and the amount of caring we have for one another has never been greater.