• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Explosives at Boston marathon

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
News breaking on Twitter.

"@Boston_Fireman: MCI: 20-30 people injured in front of Boston Public Library after explosion at finish line of Boston Marathon"

This is just terrible. Hopefully everyone will be okay.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bomb explosion at Boston Marathon

Dozens of people have been seriously injured after two reported explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. At least 12 people were seriously injured and transported to local hospitals, according to Boston ABC affiliate WCVB.

Dozens of people injured after explosion at Boston Marathon
Breaking News....One woman said she saw people with limbs blown off. I hope they catch who did this.

dDave

V.I.P.
This could be any number of things. A maniac looking to hurt people (like Timothy McVeigh), a terrorist, a prank gone horribly wrong (though I doubt it).

Events such as these never cease to amaze me. What would cause someone to do something like this? You can only hope and pray that those affected will turn out to be alright. It's stuff like this that makes me uncomfortable being around large groups of people, it only takes one crazy person to ruin the lives of hundreds and even thousands.

Bliss

Sally Twit
2 confirmed dead already. The images I have seen are horrific. I wish the injured fast and full recoveries.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here is another link. They found another unexploded bomb. People were trampling each other after the bombs went off. Which I can understand why people would be running scared.

Deadly explosions rock Boston marathon

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Gee lucky they found that unexploded one. Last thing these people need was for a third to go off.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's such a sick world sometimes...praying for Boston. An 8-year old child is one of the two dead, which just breaks my heart.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Can't help but wonder about when the bombs were placed.

For these huge road races, finish line stuff and stands are set up overnight and early A.M. ... is it possible, though unlikely, some devices were snuck into place during setup?

Horrible stuff, however it happened.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It could of been placed in there at any time or someone could of eaten and left it there somewhere. Could of had a timer on it or they set it off by cell phone and that's the reason they shut down the cell phone service.

I would like to know who did it? I hope they get some clues fast.