Experts!! Please read

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm thinking of forming a team of sports experts. I will select one for almost every sports section that we have here at GF. I will private message the member that I fill is an expert in a certain sport. Now don't fill bad if I don't select you.

This is how it would work, I would create a new thread in General Sports Talk called Ask the experts, any member can ask a question about sports, it could be about what we think of a certain player, a certain rule, if you run this sport how would you go about it, anything you can think of sports we'll do our best to answer it. We have very knowledgeable sports members here, so I believe I can rack up a good group for this.

But before I do this, I was curious if you guys were interested? Also do you believe this could work?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think I'm an expert in much, but it sounds like it could be a fun thing to try.

I would of course want to try AL Baseball but we'll see.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It could work...I'd be up to participate.

Are we counting pro wrestling in this? haha.

4. Babe_Ruth

Pro Wrestling is involved as well, a lot of people here don't know much about it, so this would be a good thread to teach them a few things. The major sections here will have an expert, I'm still trying to see if we should have one for soccer/FOOTball.

But loving the participation so far.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've got over 15 years of On-Ice experience..... I know hockey's ins and outs without a doubt. I may not be a professional expert in the game, but I sure as hell know what I'm talking about.

I did get a PM from you earlier yesterday... but I dont think it was in regards to this.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I wouldn't mind doing it, probably for football because it's the sport I've played and watched most of my life.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Sounds cool. I'd like to be the college football expert.

8. teron

teron Registered Member

+1 on the College Football

sounds like we might have a duel...

:jedi:

9. Babe_Ruth

Alright guys, I'm loving the participation. I am going to give it a couple of more days to get more input.

I'm thinking of some guidelines right now, so as soon as I'm done with that I'm going to contact my "experts" telling them what to expect and such.

I'm also going to create a group for us, so it's better to communicate that way.

10. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Well, none of us are experts (although we might be more than some who are paid on TV as experts... :rolleyes:)

I know MLB (don't really know much about minor leagues, or the Japanese league, or college or HS).