Experts Keeping Close Eye on Asteroid

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Asteroid Apophis

Well it seems like an Asteroid the size of a 25-story building will be hitting close to Earth 20 years from now.

Have you guys heard about this already? If so do you have more information? Do you believe its going to hit planet Earth?

I think thats a pretty interesting article, and it'll be more interesting as it gets closer to the "date." There are so many things that could happen from now till then to change the asteroid's course so we will see. I'm not sold that it will hit Earth.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's the first time I've heard of it. It's the size of the Eiffel Tower. :) I don't think it will hit Earth given the projection they did on the article. But we still have time for experts to recalculate and evaluate the risks. Wasn't it recently that something from outerspace hit us with just a couple of days warning?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
wow, 25 story building? Thats pretty damn significant if you ask me. Heck that sounds pretty apocalyptic in all honesty. However the best part about it is, at least its not happening near 2012 right?