• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Experiences with the supernatural

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I was sure where to put this so I put it in General.

Have you had any experiences with the supernatural at all? Ever seen a ghost? Have a feeling of some sort?

Ever since my grandmother died in 2009 I have felt her presence. There have been times she has come to me in a dream when I'm undergoing something and the dreams are the most vivid dreams I have experienced. At times I have felt the presence of other beings, ghosts or whatever, but have never seen anything. There have been a few times when praying I have felt the presence of God.

My grandmother on my mom's side passed away when my mom was 12. Once when my mom was very ill when I was a kid she saw her mom at her bedside and she told my mom in Spanish, "everything is going to be ok, just get some rest". To this day my mom will say it wasn't a dream, it wasn't some feeling I had, I literally saw her and after she spoke she disappeared.

How about you? Have you ever had any experiences with the supernatural at all?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I have. After my cat was missing all day I became very worried about her. I was putting out food for her hoping she would come back. Then the next day I saw her ghost enter the house through a closed window, jump down on my sofa then jumped down to the floor. She paused long enough to sniff some tools laying in the floor then took off down the hall way. Never saw her again after that.

The strange thing was I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear but when I went back to looking at her out of the corner of my eye she was there again.

I think I saw my horse after I had her put down grazing in the pasture by the spot I buried her. I noticed her out of the corner of my eye but when I looked directly at that spot she wasn't there so I went on about my business thinking I was just missing her. Wish I would have looked back at the spot out of the corner of my eye again.

I could go on about other things that have happened but my cat was the most obvious visitation from a ghost.

I don't think your mom was dreaming either after some of the experiences I've had.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I saw my grandmother after she died. After both my grandparents died, my mother moved in to their house. The first Christmas after they died, we were having Christmas dinner there and I felt really strange about it, it felt very not right. I glanced into the corner where my grandmother's chair always was (they were like Archie and Edith Bunker, they each had their chair where they always sat) and I saw her for a very split second and I knew that was her way of telling me that it was ok.

Another time, my nephew was at my mother's house (the same house that was my grandparents') and he looked into the hallway and said "Yaya, who is that man?" He was about 3 at the time, and he was born 3 years after my grandfather had died. My mom asked him what man, and he said he saw a man standing in the hallway. A few days later, he was looking at pictures with my mom, and when he saw a picture of my grandfather, he said "that's the man I saw in the hallway"

I've also had many times where I dreamed something that came to pass.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Oh wow you guys are scaring me. Thank God I don't think I've ever seen a ghost but I'm not sure if I've felt any of their presence. I've seen my loved ones (who have passed away) in my dreams but I don't know if that means that I've experienced the supernatural. I'm not sure if I believe in the supernatural but I guess I do.

There are times at night when I feel something moving or when I hear strange noises but I don't know if they are part of my imagination/fear or if they're real...

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
One that that always happens to me, is that I'll see a shadow/silhouette in the corner of my eye. When I turn to look at it, its gone. Its like something is staying just out of site watching me :lol:

Other than that, the most supernatural experience I've had was a dream once. Back when I had my own place, I stayed at my mom's one night, because I was visiting. I had this weird dream, that took place where I was sleeping. I dreamt that some ghastly figure came floating in through the front door. Like a floating hoodie with no legs. Tattered rags hanging from the bottom. No face, just darkness under the hood. I was awake inside the dream, and was watching it float, watching me from the other side of the coffee table. Suddenly it starts throwing the stuff from the top of the table at me. It was annoying to me, and then suddenly it lets out this ferocious scream. It felt so loud. It rushes at me, its hood flying off as it does, revealing this horribly demonic face. I woke up with a loud shout, loud enough to wake my mom up.

I'd never had a dream like that before then or ever after that. I had such an uneasy feeling for months after that. Especially walking home from work at night in the dark. Scary as fuck.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Only one I can remember.

I was chatting to the woman I used to babysit for and her back door slammed shut. Now, it was Summer, there was no wind whatsoever and the door was a very heavy door which required someone to push their weight against it in order to shut it.
There was nobody else there apart from us and we were both terrified. She believed in such things anyway, plus she told me it wasn't the first time something like that had happened.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Possibly. Me and a few other tenants at an apartment building believed it to be haunted by a ghost. I was watching TV one day, and the channel changed. It wasn't an adjacent channel, and the remote was sitting on a table, neither myself or the dog touching it. The channel it changed to was showing the movie Hannibal Lector. I changed the channel back to where I had it, then set the remote back on the table. Less than a minute later, it changed again. I just said "I don't want to watch that right now" and changed it back. It didn't happen again.

Same building but a different apartment, we were all watching a movie together. There was a wire clothes hangar hanging on the front closet door knob. No one was near it, and it suddenly flies off the door knob across the room. No reasonable explanation for that.