Expensive NYE? Why does everywhere cost so much?

I'm sick of places costing so much for NYE. I don't see why everywhere should cost so much. I think as everyone runs out of money we're going to see more private parties crop up.

This one is only £5 to get in and it looks like its going to be a really good rave. Its in a church!

Where are you guys going?
Some place called Batchwood, its like a night club/hall kinda place. £15 for a ticket, which isn't bad for NYE, but drinks are expensiveeee :rolleyes:
This one is only £5 to get in and it looks like its going to be a really good rave. Its in a church!
This needs to be quoted in The GF Hall of Fame. :hah:

Staying home and sleeping. I dislike New Years Eve and I don't even want to think about it. I'll be catching up on my sleep and planning for other events. :D
Last edited:

Registered Member
This is why New Year's has become a joke of a holiday, an average $50 to get into a place which gets you a small glass of champagne and usually a half assed buffet. I'd rather just stay in.

scientia potestas est
I'm going out with my gal pals. We got a hotel near the club so we cane get stinking drunk. So excited. Entrance fee at the club is reasonable, drinks will be expensive though.

Cutting Edge in Murder
I'm not going anywhere. Gonna be drinking with Duke and possibly EI right here in my apartment. As far as I'm concerned, the only money I should have to spend to have fun on new years is the money I spend on alcohol.

No Custom Title Exists
Fucking Sydney spent 5 million dollars for a set of fireworks for display for this year. Ridicilous.

Supreme System Lord
It's not just NYE that's expensive, everything now has inflated in price.

I went to mates house and drank loads of cheap beer and wine.

Sally Twit
If I ever celebrate New Year I always end up at someones house because it is expensive to go out. It's great to plan ahead and get your own fireworks etc.