• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Expedition: hunt for living Dinosaurs in Africa

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Discovery News... A young Missouri man has turned to the Internet in search of investors for his expedition into the remote jungles of Africa seeking to document undiscovered flora and fauna. That is not so unusual, but one of the creatures he hopes to find is: a living dinosaur.
The region Stephen McCullah, the organizer of the expedition, has chosen to explore is the reputed home of the Mokèlé-mbèmbé, a dinosaur-like creature said to be up to 35 feet long (11 meters), with brownish-gray skin and a long, flexible neck. Many locals believe that it lives in the caves it digs in riverbanks, and that the beast feeds on elephants, hippos and crocodiles. Read More Here
I think it would be great if they could find a living dinosaur. If I were those natives I think I would be a little concerned about living around them. Can you imagine what it would be like, go for a walk and run into one of those things. Then those spiders they talk about, wouldn't want to see one of them. Think they may find something? or hope they do? Would you go on an expedition like this?

dDave

V.I.P.
Africa and many parts of South America are generally unexplored.

I think it's great that they're setting off to look for dinosaurs, finding even one could lead to major breakthroughs in science.

If any land bound dinosaurs are left I think that they would be in Africa.

My suspicions keep going back to the water though. The ocean is so vast that it's pretty much impossible to explore the whole thing, I think that there are likely to be water bound dinosaurs still alive, I see no reason that they would have died out.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I remember hearing a long time ago about the possibility of basically these biological islands that have somehow been in its own bubble all this time. Usually it's places like Africa but I can imagine deep oceans too.

I bet he'd find some strange possibly new species, but a dinosaur that's the size we're used to thinking might be unlikely. Even a primitive form of a crocodile, bird, or turtle would still be awesome though.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If this dinosaur like creature exists and its 35 feet long I think that would be big enough for me and a extraordinary find. If its killing elephants it must be tall and massive too. Then again this may be another story like Bigfoot.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My suspicions keep going back to the water though. The ocean is so vast that it's pretty much impossible to explore the whole thing, I think that there are likely to be water bound dinosaurs still alive, I see no reason that they would have died out.
That's very true and I'm not sure why I never thought about that before but there's no doubt there's gotta be something down there that we haven't explored and wouldn't be able to identify.

If this dinosaur like creature exists and its 35 feet long I think that would be big enough for me and a extraordinary find. If its killing elephants it must be tall and massive too. Then again this may be another story like Bigfoot.
The bolded part is kinda what I thought when I read the title and then the post. I mean obviously I hope he finds what he's looking for but I'll believe it when I see it.