Nintendo Expectations of the Revolution

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by kajin_phoenixlord, Apr 13, 2006.

1. What are some of you expecting as Nintendo fans from the Nintendo Revolution? I'm gonna be real with you guys. I don't know what to expect from this thing at all. It seems interesting enough already by the appearance of the controller. Ubisoft has a launch title for the Revolution called Red Steel. I'm anxious to see how that's gonna look.

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think it has promise for Nintendo games, but third party developers will probably stay away for the most part. This will cause a lack of launch games (and probably a small game library for a while), causing people to shy away from it, thuis causing it to be deemed a "failure" by the industry and many gamers.

3. You do have a point there, man. It may be hard for them to have high expectations of they aren't backed up by third parties. I knew it was gonna be hard for Nintendo once RARE decided to move on. RARE and Nintendo were really good when they were together.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Yeah. Rare and Nintendo made some amazing games together. Just look at the Donkey Kong games and Perfect Dark. They all were awesome.

Nintendo's biggest problem is going to be creativity the way I see it. Like I already said, they are not really going to be able to do the porting thing because of their unique setup, so they are going to have to try to make every game really creative and appealing, so they are going to have to risk running out of ideas.