• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Exotic animals as pets

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
As you may know it is legal to own and posess exotic animals like apes, lions, tigers, and bears in several states. Alabama, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wisconsin all allow exotic pets without a permit.

Should this be allowed? I'll chime in with my opinion after a few get in. I'm not a supporter.

dDave

V.I.P.
In my state you have to have a zookeeper license to have one. If you keep the pet at home (and not ever around children) I don’t necessarily have a problem with it. There are certain precautions that must be taken but I think it can be pulled off effectively,

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Reactions: Doc

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My problem with people owning exotic animals, outside of zoos, is they let them go then they multiply.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
People aren't letting exotics like apes, tigers, lions, or bears out to multiply. I do see your point with exotic fish, lizards, or rodents. They can destroy an entire ecosystem very easily.