• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

EXHDD

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have an external hard drive and my dumbass of a mother let my nephew near the computer so he pulled it out of the USB port.

I tried putting back it but it keeps saying that it can't read it or something.

HELP! I have photoshop on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T ACCESS PHOTOSHOP WITHOUT IT!!!!! :[

Edit: [Moring after above post] Please... I NEED it! x.x; I hate my nephew. My mom sucks major ass.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Unfortunately, it may be corrupt now. Just try restarting the computer and the HDD (if it doesn't feed off of the computer) and keep trying. Even try a different USB port.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I tried a different USB port and that didn't work... x.x I also tried the restarting your computer thing, negative.

I might just shut the computer down for the night....

But I'm extremely pissed because ALL of my music is on there. Including videos, Photoshop, Guild Wars, pictures, stories, and lots of other things! MY LIFE IT ON IT! x.x

But I'm so making my sister and mother pay.........

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Long shot, but you can try chkdsk.

To do this, go into the Windows command line interface, and type "chkdsk C: /F" without quotation marks, and changing C: to the drive letter that the external HDD is. If this does work, then it might fix any errors your HDD is having.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Question: What is the Windows command line interface?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Start > Run
Then type cmd, and press enter

The other way is to go into the Accessories category of the Start Menu > Programs, and look for command prompt.

To help with this, *dah-dum!* PICTURE!