• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Exercise Exercising at home during Coronavirus

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
With more and more areas mandating people stay in their homes, what are you doing for exercise?

This guy seems to know what he's talking about lol. 😂

I have an elliptical, some dumbbells, and a kettlebell. Nothing super fancy, but it works.

Admittedly, I wasn't a gym guy even before the lockdown, so I'm still dealing with finding the motivation to exercise regularly anyway.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I try to do some push-ups, some ab exercises and I go for walks when I can. It was hard to find the motivation at first, but everyday it gets a bit easier and easier. I do not have dumbells, so I have to improvise with what I have.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have a treadmill and an elliptical at home. They are currently collecting lots of dust. Haha. I should definitely use them more and probably will if I ever get sent home. I just don't have the energy when I get home from a long shift of dealing with panic buyers and asshats that just wanna ignore stay at home orders.

dDave

V.I.P.
I’ve been doing some basic body weight exercises like push ups and pull ups.

Unfortunately, this is nowhere nearly as active as I am used to being. I usually go for a couple runs and a hard bike ride every week at the gym. I can’t very well run outside since I have bad shins, the treadmill is much better for me.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I have a weight lifting system in my cellar that I haven't used in years. Since I have to stay home more because of the virus, maybe I'll use it and take up weightlifting once again.

dDave

V.I.P.
I’ve been going for a run every other day out and about within my neighborhood. Since it’s warmed up that’s now a possibility. The air is still slightly too cold for good breathing but I figure it’s good for lung conditioning. It’s been nice to be active again even if my old routine is completely screwed up and missing at the moment.