• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Excuses!!

shelgarr

Registered Member
They are such a effing drain! These days I have no patience for people that find reasons to avoid solution. Do it or don't do it. Don't string me along, don't be misleading about your own preferences, don't complain, don't whine, and quit giving yourself a way out. Permission to fail. As a somewhat flexible person, I will give benefit of the doubt, I can be understanding, I will be gracious about change, and if obstacles present themselves, I will rise up and try again. Yet, only to a degree. If there isn't reciprocation, or proactive approach, or a suggestion of options, I will try twice, maybe 3 times, and then chalk it up to the other lacking genuine interest.

Yes, this is a vent....but if you find yourself up against someone full of excuses, what do you do?

Danno

Registered Member
Just let it slide. I generally know if people are lying and find it more satisfying to let them make up bullshit excuses until I eventually submit them into telling the truth.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I'm a bit of a pushover and I won't moan at them or tell them I don't believe them. I'll just smile and give them the benefit of the doubt. If I do believe they are lying then I'll just moan about it to my boyfriend. I don't like confrontation so I let them get on with it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I can not keep quiet about situations like this. I will confront the person and stand my ground until the truth that I aim to get out rises to the surface.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If they have excuses, I don't have time. It's that easy.

Working in management role, I can tell you I have plenty of people with excuses. They can get pretty creative though. I had someone tell me they couldn't replace labels on a shelf because they were 'sick' and 'had a headache' which is a crock. The same guy had just been goofing off with another associate and making pretty loud noises so yeah, headache my balls. I simply found the next person available and they took care of it no problem. When my boss asked me about the tasks at hand I made sure to point out that one was avoiding them and slacking and the other wasn't complaining and working at twice his pace.

We'll see who gets a raise at their evaluations.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Excuses are a waste of time and can get pretty ridiculous at time...because they won't undo what's done.
Anyway, depending on the person who tells them and on the situation...I might tolerate them sometimes. It's not black and white when it comes to them.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Excuses are all that I hear everyday, and when I get home I don't have time to hear or make up excuses. I have over 300 people under me and when something does not get done, they play the blame game, I am sick, blah blah blah. Don't have time to put up with it and don't have time to call them out on it either which some people that made up an excuse takes offense of. (That is still something I don't understand.)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I've never really believed in excuses. People always make out like excuses are so negative. I've always viewed them as 'the reason why'. Like someone calls me out on something, and then I start trying to explain why and they're like 'stop making excuses and admit it!' and i'm like " I'm not denying! I'm just explaining why"

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If there's a will there's a way. If you don't have the will, there's a thousand excuses.

It's surprising and annoying at the same time the way people would invent stuff or shamelessly whine about little things just to avoid responsibility. It makes me tired dealing with these people.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Van Politics & Law 2
Boredie General Discussion 13
K School 25