Excuses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Having thinking about something happened to me recently here on GF, I wanted to ask you people the following:

Do you make excuses for
    - your mistakes?
    - things you do not like and wish to change?
    - anything else?

What are your thoughts of people who make such excuses?

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

excuses in what sense? justify or ask forgiveness?

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I do make a lot of excuses sometimes. If something goes wrong, I like to have an explanation for the boss, or whoever I'm accountable to. So I make up an excuse if i can. Usually it's an explanation, but it always comes out sounding like an excuse. It's rare for me to make up a lie to use as an excuse. Way to easy to get caught in that.

4. Boredie

Justifying yourself.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really make excuses, I just give out an straight and correct answer, because karma is a bitch to me.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I usally make excuses when it comes to my parents and they asked me to do something and I didn't do it. Other than that I don't even bother because I don't find a point in them. Usually people are quick to realize when excuses are thrown their way.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I try not to.

I've tried to change in the past and met resistance but I've come a long way from who I was when I joined the forum.

8. Shikimi_Farkash

Shikimi_Farkash Registered Member

I don't usually make excuses because no one is gonna believe me anyway. Why bother lying if no one's gonna believe you?

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i make excuses when there's something i don't wanna do and i come up with any invented story possible to escape the situation.

10. Boredie

I'll make an excuse to try and cover a mistake (yet I'll still admit to the mistake), if I can and if it's believable. But when I know there's no way out of it I won't bother.

Since I do it, I completely understand others doing it too. But if they are caught in their excuse the least they can do is admit to it.