Excluding children from school !

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by snowflake, Jan 3, 2009.

1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

Do you thing it's a good idea.? Does it punish the children who are naughty in school?

I don't think it does. In my eyes it's not a punishment. Its allowing children to stay at home and do nothing all day. Not having to get up in a morning. Maybe a child will be naughty again knowing they will get excluded.

I think making the child stay behind after school or missing breaks would work better. Any one got any other better idea's of punishment other than exclusion.

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

But if said child has become so disruptive of all the other children then it has to be done whether it helps the child or not. They have to make sure all children at least have an attempt to learn in a peaceful setting. It is easier to remove the one but maybe expulsion is somewhat extreme. They could always go to ISS which in one classroom all day in your own cubby talking to absolutely no one else but then you don't get regular tutelage either because you are just assigned work like homework.

3. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

That's a better idea than exclusion. Putting a child in ISS for a week would work better in my eyes. It seem in my town the only way to punish a child is exclusion. I just don't see how that works !!

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

The only thing exclusion does, in my eyes, is give the other children a chance to learn something while the excluded child is away for a few days. It doesn't actually teach the punished anything. So, what, you cause havoc and you get to stay at home playing your video games for a few days while "thinking about what you've done"?

I speak from a similar experience. I once almost broke some kid's nose with (what I didn't realise then) a palm strike. I was internaly excluded, which what I believe this ISS is. Only thing it taught me was that it was so mind-numbingly boring that it's not worth whacking some kiddie.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I take it ISS=In School Suspension right?

I've had that a few times before. Put the punished kid in a school setting, but without (most of) the interaction. So other kids don't have to deal with a disruptive influence, while the punished has all the work with a greatly reduced social aspect. Alternative School is like that except you're no longer even in the same school building, and now you have to deal with security measures (if it's like the one i went to). I feel both of those measures are better than suspension. The latter more so as an alternative to expulsion.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

A standard human response to a problem: forget about it.

It's a solution that rarely works. Getting rid of something is not an efficient response. When a kid is 'naughty' or disruptive, depending on the degree, different levels of help should be given. A kid bullying other kids needs a firm 'slap on the wrist' so to say in the form of in-school punishment such as community service (such as losing recess time or play time to help the teachers or faculty) or extra homework. Kids usually grow out of that sort of stuff though. However, if we're talking a kid who likes to give out death threats and draw pictures of his classmates on fire, then we're talking therapy.

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Corporal Punishment. America's children are weak and unused to pain because they are pampered so much. Its sickening. Corporal punishment would still be a viable method. But again, children are pampered its BS

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, kids shouldn't be physically punished in school. A lot of parents can't even grasp the term correctly. Some think a left hook as a response to their kid spilling milk is acceptable. Letting strangers do it? Even worse.

Kids are pampered, but the whole "get rid of it" concept is not a good idea.

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I agree with the punishment thing. I know a kid that because he got mad at his sister for hitting him, his dad decided it would be a good idea to kick him. Parents need to learn what is necessary to what was done.

I use to have ISS all the time and the problem with me having it all the time was, I liked it. I didn't have to sit in class all day with all the other kids listening to annoying teachers. I could get my work done in a matter of an hour or two. After that I would just sit there and maybe draw for the rest of the time.