• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Excited for $4 per gallon gas this summer?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did I say excited? Ooops.. I meant who is dreading this with every fiber of their being?

It's gonna be one expensive summer for anyone planning to travel much. I was thinking of doing some traveling myself but after hearing this news I'll definitely have to reconsider my plans.

At $4 a gallon it will cost me $56 to fill up my tank.... It hurts just typing that, let alone thinking about it.. or even worse swiping my credit card for it.. I am not looking forward to that at all.

I thought $8-10 for a single movie ticket was bad enough. Now factor in $4 a gallon to get there and you have the beginnings of a very nice Mastercard commercial.

Well, anybody else excited for a summer at home? :-/

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's pretty ridiculous. When I started driving 9 years ago, gas was around $1 a gallon.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
When I was in town today the gas was $3.43 and I was looking around wondering why there were so many cars on the road....of course I was one of them but I didn't buy any gas today! I won't be able to take any trips this summer at all with that kind of price : ( it's completely insane.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh wow... Where do you live Spence? It hasn't hit $4.00 yet here but it looks like it's well on its' way to $5 where you are... Did you take that picture?

I feel like we are experiencing the calm before the storm right now... This could be one pricey summer for a lot of travelers..

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I saw that on some AP story. Its on drudgereport now. We are at $2.81, which according to GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada is the 6th cheapest city in the nation. That won't last for us though, we will be at the average in 2 weeks. I saw on gasbuddy a few places in CA over $4. arghhh!

off topic:
Watching SNL right now. This is the funniest Saturday Night Live I've seen in a long time.:lol:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
lol spence that's too funny! I was just watching it too. I was really happy to see mary catherine. She made the show pretty funny, I got a kick out of it

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Ouch, that hurts. Today, I saw gas over $3.00/gallon for the first time in a while. If the trend keeps up, it is going to very exensive to drive. At the rate it is going, it will cost more to drive to the movie theater, then it will for the ticket to watch the show.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Oh well. Hopefully more people will start using public transportation or buy more fuel-efficient vehicles. This can only help the environment, which is a good thing.