• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Exams

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Since I'm going through my last year of school exams at the moment I thought I'd ask GFs opinion on them.

How did you find them? Did you study hard? Did you take them easy? Did you choke?

I personally find that I choke in exams pretty bad. I usually study a bit but always blank on something.

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I've always had pretty good experiences in exams to be honest.

Give me and exam over an essay to write any day, but it's when you gotta write essays IN an exam that fucks me over lol.

There have only been about 1 or 2 times where I've completely blanked on a few questions and literally had nothing to write, so I just bullshitted my way through it. Putting something down is better than putting nothing down because you can't get points for putting nothing down, but if you bullshit you might get a chance of maybe 1 point lol

It depends on what exam I'm studying for and if I found the classes hard. I didn't study a lot for my exams in school, but I studied big time for exams in college and now for the ones in Uni.

I'm not one for getting nervous about exams. Some people just can't handle the pressure and the stress of exams, but I cope with it pretty well I'd say.

Alex

I have recently had my science exam.. i revised for ages, one day i even spent 5 hours revising, Then on the day of the exam i sat in the hall, looked at the exam paper and i knew none of the answers.. it now feels like i wasted so much time revising for no reason atal. But yeah im still going to revise for my geography exam on thursday, atleast i might do better on that one ^_^

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've always been a really good test taker. I don't know how you can choke. You either know the material or you don't. I rarely needed to study for anything, only the type of things that required tedious memorization, like knowing exact dates or word-for-word definitions. Other than that, if I paid attention in class and did my homework, that was more than enough to prepare me for any test or exam.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I didn't revise nearly as much as I should have done. But at the end of the day it wouldn't have made much difference as I didn't pay attention in most classes.

Some of the exams made me want to cry. Maths for example. I didn't understand half of it and ended up writing random answers just because I didn't want to leave anything blank,

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Since I'm going through my last year of school exams at the moment I thought I'd ask GFs opinion on them.

How did you find them? Did you study hard? Did you take them easy? Did you choke?

I personally find that I choke in exams pretty bad. I usually study a bit but always blank on something.
So how did your exam go?

Anyway, I'm quite organised when I have exams. I think it's my organisation more than studying harder that helps me. I even imagine test questions and answer them -- I give myself tests especially if the answers require lots of memorisation. I write a study guide. Rewriting keypoints of my notes is a good technique to refresh the mind and organise thoughts and info in the head. Lastly, on exam day....relax. The more you stress, the more chances of blanking on something.

Musanna187

Exams can be nerve-wracking, but I swear down that actually revising instead of procastrinating it makes things a whole lot easier. I was never serious on revision then upon looking at the practise papers and struggling, I forced myself to revise. The worst bit about an exam for me had to be when the teacher went over the actual exam paper about a week later and me recalling my answers knowing I missed easy marks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
penny4URthoughts Offbeat News 4
wooly School 4
J Technology 0
Boredie School 20
MissyGris School 12