Ex-Whalers owner trying to lure NHL to Hartford

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Konshentz, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Ex-Hartford Whalers owner to open outdoor rink - ESPN

What are your thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010

2. Th3Pr3Tz3l

Th3Pr3Tz3l Registered Member

That would be awesome but Hartford can be a bitch when the economy is bad. Then again being the only professional sports team in a city (right?) is beneficial.

I don't see it happening although I wish it would. Give the place a try in the salary cap era :)

I LOVE all the franchise rumours, so much fun!!! :D

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Hockey failed in Hartford...why would it work this time around?

I know there is more collective bargaining but I dont see why the NHL would move back.

With that said I hope it happens lol

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Good point by Millz. I guess you never know, but I don't see it happening myself.

I love the rumor of expansion, always, too Pr3tz3l!!

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's cities that deserve it more then Hartford in my opinion. I personally don't believe they should bring hockey back to Hartford since it's probably going to end up a failure once again.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah I'm with the General Concensus here. There are far more deserving cities than Hartford. And I know it sounds biased coming from me... but quite frankly the West Coast / Conference needs more NHL. If you look at the population maps.... there are NHL Clubs stacked on top of eachother over there... then take a peak at the Western US and Canada and we've got next to nothing going on in comparison.

I would say if you're moving another team to the US... Make it Seattle. :thumbsup:

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

First of all, I hope the NHL doesn't expand anymore. If anything they need to contract several teams. Second, like everyone has said, I think there are more deserving cities than Hartford. Seattle would be awesome, or somewhere in Wisconsin. But really, I want to see more Canadian teams. Bring back the Quebec Nordiques and the Winnipeg Jets before bringing back the Whalers.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I agree with a Seattle team or another team in Canada.